2008 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
I love her
By itsvolvosafe on 12/18/11 12:59 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle because it was a much better value than comparable BMW and Mercedes models and it also does not come with the pretentious stigma commonly associated with owning one of this cars German competitors. My previous vehicle was a Mercedes ML 320, it had many problems and was worth less than $5,000 when I bought my S80 and I still got more comments from people about the vehicle that I drove. The S80 has a subtle presence while still offering most of the power and luxuries that come with owning a BMW or Mercedes. It is not as dynamic as a 5 series or a powerful as a E550 but it still has as much power, performance and comfort as you could want in an everyday driver.

Impressed so far...
By chelsofpdx on 02/15/10 20:44 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

First luxury car purchase and I am too pleased. The comfort of the seats and feel of a tank are definite positives on the road. 3-choice steering package a must...advanced option makes it like buttah!

Nice Ride
By TommyB on 03/25/08 13:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle for the price. With the rebates they are offering you just can't compare to the German and Japanese alternatives. With all the safety features, very safe ride. All controls are very intuitive.

Driving goodies
By doctordick on 08/16/07 15:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The basic vehicle is fantastic, but some of the goodies available make it really special. I especially like the adaptive cruise control; it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's amazing on the highway, slowing you down when you come up on slower traffic and speeding up to your set speed when its out of your way. The vented seats too are wonderful on hot trips, and the ride adjustment is most helpful when you get into mountain roads. I have some reservations about the run flat Pirrellis but can't complain specifically yet. Plenty of power, very comfortable, and great to drive! I strongly recommend trying one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.