Used 2008 Volvo S80 T6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Understated Elegance
By stevep

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2008 S80 is my first Volvo purchase and I have to say I am very, very impressed. The attention to detail and quality of workmanship is outstanding. I have owned Lexus (GS and ES) and infinity (G35) and although good cars, the attention to detail is not as good as Volvo. If the long term reliability is as good as consumer reports rates the 2008, then I can see myself buying Volvo's for a long time. Performance is outstanding. The 280hp T6 is very fast, especially if you use the tip-tronic shifting. Yes, there are faster cars, but I don't think anyone balance of elegance and performance that the Volvo S80 does, not to mention its claim to fame safety features. Don't miss this one

I have to say that the upgraded stereo in this vehicle is awesome! The Dynaudio brand is super high end. 650 watts, little to no distortion, 12 speakers, what can I say? Dynaudio makes some high-end studio speakers, and its on the level on nakamichi, bang and olufsan.

The only improvement i can see is that the car only averages 20 mpg. It would be a dream if this car averaged 25-30. but, it is AWD and a 4,000 Volvo lb car, so that may be asking for a lot.

Great Value for the Price
By max Perkins

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car! We looked at BMW's/Mercedes and decided on this Volvo as we felt you pay a lot for a BMW/Mercedes name. This car drives like a dream and is SO comfortable to ride in. Have take it across country and had no back/muscle fatigue. It is very responsive, has great power and gets much better gas mileage then we expected. The T-6 is the features we were looking for in a "sports" car. The body design is very nice and we see people looking at it all the time. 4WD's are hard to find but we wanted that for the extra security when driving (lots of rain where we live). We hope to get at least 200,000 miles out of this car. Would highly recommend.

Remote keyless entry/start that allows you to leave the remote in your pocket, ventilated front seats,rain sensing windshield wipers. Overall clean interior design.

Actually, there is nothing I can recommend. This particular year did not have a blue tooth feature (one can be added), but for the money I just got a Jawbone.

Terrific Vehicle!
By dstogsdill

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked up my 08 S80 at the end of 09. This S80 had every option that Volvo made for it in 08, including the navigation, rear dvd system, and adaptive cruise with lane departure and collision warning. The car is made for cruising and is extremely comfortable and has a solid and powerful feel. The safety features are truly advanced and work well. In fact, due in part to the BLIS and Lane departure systems, I feel my driving has actually improved. The T6 is very quick and has tremendous power in all situations. Of course, we will have to see about the reliability of all these advanced features, but so far the car has made me fall in love with Volvo!

Heated/cooled extremely comfortable seats, dynaudio sound system, lane departure system, keyless entry and drive, adaptive cruise (really great for road trips!)

The only option this model appeared to miss is Bluetooth, although there are some good 3rd party systems now. Gas mileage is average at best, but what do you expect from an AWD, 4000 lb vehicle. At least I can use regular gas with no apparent loss of power.

2-Year Update: After Two, No More
By dgreer

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This updates comments from 2 years ago, as the lease nears expiration. After 30K miles the suspension creaks and pops just as my 2000 model.Replacement parts by dealer never fixed the problem, It's built in by design flaw. Gas mileage has improved to 21mpg, mixed;and 27hwy.But my '04 Jag XJ8 is better:22/30, and much more fun to drive. Engine and transmission have been great, but small problems mount up, including warped brake rotors at 28K. Maintenance is relatively expensive, but is included on 2009-10 leases. Overall, a nice car; but at in this class,over $40K, I won't lease another, and would not want to purchase for the long term.

Turbo engine; highway cruising; visibility; exterior design.

Fix the suspension;make handling more sport like; make the seats (which are good) firmer with more lateral support;improve brake design for greater longevity.

It's a sleeper
By BJS

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've looked over the internet an have reviewed many comparison among so call luxury sedans and the comments shared here, and what I am finding is that most people really have not driven the new S-80, 287hp, AWD,T6. I have had mine now for 19 months. If you desire sport and comfort it's a excellent choice. However, not many autos can compare to the ride the Lexus 350S in comfort, but the Lexus lacks speed, handling and power. It also is a (front wheel drive)car. However, the combination of power, and torque will change your mind about the S-80 AWd/T6, it will run with a 7 series BMW. Do you hear me!!!!!!!!!!!! Two months ago I raced a 7 series and KEPT PACE, UP TO 120MPH for 100 yds

The acceleration, no question, as I said this car is a sleeper, go and get BMW 5, or 7 series and let's put it to the test. I think you'll find like I did a lot more money in your pocket.

Wider wheels,and could be quieter