2008 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Understated Elegance
By stevep on 08/08/10 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2008 S80 is my first Volvo purchase and I have to say I am very, very impressed. The attention to detail and quality of workmanship is outstanding. I have owned Lexus (GS and ES) and infinity (G35) and although good cars, the attention to detail is not as good as Volvo. If the long term reliability is as good as consumer reports rates the 2008, then I can see myself buying Volvo's for a long time. Performance is outstanding. The 280hp T6 is very fast, especially if you use the tip-tronic shifting. Yes, there are faster cars, but I don't think anyone balance of elegance and performance that the Volvo S80 does, not to mention its claim to fame safety features. Don't miss this one

Great Value for the Price
By max Perkins on 08/01/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car! We looked at BMW's/Mercedes and decided on this Volvo as we felt you pay a lot for a BMW/Mercedes name. This car drives like a dream and is SO comfortable to ride in. Have take it across country and had no back/muscle fatigue. It is very responsive, has great power and gets much better gas mileage then we expected. The T-6 is the features we were looking for in a "sports" car. The body design is very nice and we see people looking at it all the time. 4WD's are hard to find but we wanted that for the extra security when driving (lots of rain where we live). We hope to get at least 200,000 miles out of this car. Would highly recommend.

Terrific Vehicle!
By dstogsdill on 02/23/10 20:36 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked up my 08 S80 at the end of 09. This S80 had every option that Volvo made for it in 08, including the navigation, rear dvd system, and adaptive cruise with lane departure and collision warning. The car is made for cruising and is extremely comfortable and has a solid and powerful feel. The safety features are truly advanced and work well. In fact, due in part to the BLIS and Lane departure systems, I feel my driving has actually improved. The T6 is very quick and has tremendous power in all situations. Of course, we will have to see about the reliability of all these advanced features, but so far the car has made me fall in love with Volvo!

2-Year Update: After Two, No More
By dgreer on 10/05/09 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This updates comments from 2 years ago, as the lease nears expiration. After 30K miles the suspension creaks and pops just as my 2000 model.Replacement parts by dealer never fixed the problem, It's built in by design flaw. Gas mileage has improved to 21mpg, mixed;and 27hwy.But my '04 Jag XJ8 is better:22/30, and much more fun to drive. Engine and transmission have been great, but small problems mount up, including warped brake rotors at 28K. Maintenance is relatively expensive, but is included on 2009-10 leases. Overall, a nice car; but at in this class,over $40K, I won't lease another, and would not want to purchase for the long term.

It's a sleeper
By BJS on 08/27/09 12:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've looked over the internet an have reviewed many comparison among so call luxury sedans and the comments shared here, and what I am finding is that most people really have not driven the new S-80, 287hp, AWD,T6. I have had mine now for 19 months. If you desire sport and comfort it's a excellent choice. However, not many autos can compare to the ride the Lexus 350S in comfort, but the Lexus lacks speed, handling and power. It also is a (front wheel drive)car. However, the combination of power, and torque will change your mind about the S-80 AWd/T6, it will run with a 7 series BMW. Do you hear me!!!!!!!!!!!! Two months ago I raced a 7 series and KEPT PACE, UP TO 120MPH for 100 yds

Best value proposition
By Scott E on 12/03/08 08:23 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Needed AWD in New Hampshire mountains and the BMW, Benz, and Audi alternatives in this size class cannot touch the Volvo - and I am a huge fan of BMW. Purchased the car this summer during the $4/gallon gas era and got a fantastic deal that the other brands could not touch. Nice quiet ride with adequate power - not as well balanced as the BMW5 - drives a little front heavy in some cornering. Bottom line is that I would still purchase this car should I move out of the snow belt given the price point. Interior/exterior styling is excellent - don't see too many others on the road so it has a nice unique look relative to Audi, Volvo S60, 4matics, etc. which are everywhere.

Very nice Car
By First Time Volvo Dri on 10/02/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I never thought I would be the owner of a Volvo, but fell in love with the safety features, and torquey engines. Although critized I find the ride quite smooth and as pleasant as my wife's Mercedes. The car feels like it floats, and such is not as engaging as BMW, infiniti or alike. The car rides like a cruiser. The car has great passing power, but feels a little slow off the line. The interior is all soft to touch and feels like reserved luxury. You can tell all controls were put in place with safety in mind. The Navi is placed on top of the dash and is operated via steering wheel controls to minimize driver distraction. All audio/car settings can only be adjusted when the car is stopped.

Excellent Luxury Sedan
By amcdad on 04/13/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a competitive class, and the S80 competes well with all around competence. Good handling, top of the line safety, excellent comfort, and options that make the driving experience all the more pleasurable. The safety is key- compare the IIHS crash tests to the Mercedes E and BMW 5- and you'll be surprised that those companies charge over $50,000 for a car that doesn't keep you safe. The 281HP S80 T6 has plenty of oomph, and the handling, while not in the BMW's league, is a lot better than Volvo's previous sedans have been. Most will enjoy it just fine. The Dynaudio stereo upgrade is worth the money- 650 Watts of the most incredible car audio you'll ever hear. All in all- love it!

Solid car
By stu silbergleit on 04/13/08 08:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car feels and is solid. The drive is extremely smooth and the heating system (both air and seats) are excellent. The seats are luxurious, stylish aand very comfortable and supportive.

A great car
By HNH on 01/13/08 18:36 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Looked at the usual German, British & Japanese luxury brands, and just when I was about to buy a Lexus, decided to stop by a Volvo dealer. The S80 T6 seemed to have what I was looking for: understated luxury, solid build, strong engine, comfortable ride, nice stereo and a reasonable price. A great value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.