2008 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
s80 problems
By joe on 06/04/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

2008 S80 bought new. So far radiator fan, parking brakes, radio, chassis bushings, brake booster leak.

The new standard
By Isam on 11/25/09 13:44 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car since 6/2008. What a pleasure to drive! I have adjustable suspension option and the car handles very well even on the comfort setting. I do not know how a BMW can beat that but I can tell you that the advanced setting will glue the car to the road. The ventilated seats are something very dear to my heart. The inside beige color is very elegant. I have an option that lets you change the degree of stiffness of steering. So you get Lexus soft and BMW stiff if you want. I have about 12,000 miles on it without a single problem so far. The xenon lights that move at night give the impression that this is a more expensive car. I truly believe that all Volvos now are the best

Nice car but next time a turbo
By Tall Volvo owner on 05/10/09 09:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the 2008 3.2 S80 (I have had it for 48 hours); I like the look of the car interior and exterior. The car comes up short with the handling; it has a floaty feel to it and I live in Europe and have driven Audi's, Passats and Lancias. These car have great pick-up; this car does not; you learn a lot about a vehicle when taking a trip from Germany to Italy through the mountains at night. Overall I have to say it is a nice car but the suspension needs work; Turbo is necessary if you want to get that extra kick when you need it. Also, some features should come standard with the car, e.g. blue tooth, front and rear warning detection for parking.

A Sporty Sedan fo Volvo Lovers
By WC on 02/07/09 11:56 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Good year-end deal for current Volvo owner on '08 S70 w/Sports Package. Smart style/profile;Great alternative to BMW or Audi; A very comfortable/roomy sedan with a sports car feel. Love rear visibility (drop down rear headrests);Accessible controls;Many convenience features, e.g. auto-folding rv mirros, smart key, heated/cooled f/r seats; Runs on regular gas. Would not have chosen low profile tires-expensive, impacts turn radius and mileage.

Noisy & uncomfortable ride
By Gail on 01/16/09 09:27 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I leased the S80 at the end of Sept. I have noticed that the tires made an awful loud noise when driving moderate & high speeds. The wind noise at 50+ mph is unbelievably loud. I have been back to the dealer twice, 3 tires were replaced because they were defective. The tire noise & vibration is still there. the tires are Continental. My owners manual had tire info for 2 other brands. I guess Continentals are cheaper for Volvo. I am shocked by the poor ride from a supposedly good company. My VW Passat rode much nicer. I drive the same highways to work an hour each way, so noise is very upsetting. I will try to go up the ladder for the tires I should have had. I was told the wind noise is norm

Pleasantly suprised
By Smith on 08/03/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We also own an 04 XC 70 and I do not like driving it so I was pleasantly suprised by the S80 and the different feel it had in comparison. It has great styling and it is nice to drive. The interior is quiet and the sound system is good. The engine could use a little more go, as we never test drove the 8 cyl or turbo but would recommend doing so. It is economical for gas (why we chose the 6 cyl) and love the AWD.

Nice car but has a very rough ride
By Dave M on 07/23/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My S80 is a well built car, but after owning it a couple of weeks, I'm extremely disappointed in how rough the ride is. I called the dealership to see if they had could order shocks that aren't as stiff but they tell me that none are available. Their recommendation was to decrease the tire pressure; not much of response if you ask me. Next time, I'll be sure to test drive a car on something other than the dealer's recommended route.

S80 3.2 a great car
By KEN WALL on 07/14/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great value for mid 30's range. Its quality is second to none. This is my second Volvo and it is really a tight and great riding car

Very Comfortable
By Matt Bernsen on 07/06/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am very impressed with this car. It's the most comfortable car I've ever driven (most recent cars were Passat & Murano). Very elegant, simplistic interior, eye-catching exterior and solid construction. My only complaint so far is the fuel consumption (20 mpg avg - high for a V6)

Great value
By jay2001 on 04/09/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Great value for the money. Comfy ride, decent power, high safety ratings. A lease payment of under $400 on a $40K car was just impossible to pass up.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.