2007 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: The Best Yet

2007 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

V8 Sedan (4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

The Best Yet
By NY Driver on

2007 Volvo S80 V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This may be the ultimate Volvo. I now have 3000 miles on it and like it even more than when I bought it. I most seriously considered the Infiniti M35 as I wanted to try something other than a Volvo (I have owned 5). However, safety concerns, gas mileage, and the way features are packaged individually led me back to the Volvo. A test drive of both cars sealed the deal. The Volvo seems to have a better feel for the road. It is smooth, yet extremely responsive both in handling and acceleration. It is the best Volvo yet and may have already sold me on Volvo the next time as well.

The blind spot sensor has been very useful without being intrusive. The adaptive cruise control can be helpful and may have saved us from one slow speed crash. However, it can be annoying when it believes one is going to hit a car which is making a turn and will be off the road before one gets there.

No suggestions. I also have a 2004 S80 which I like but which has many minor annoyances. Volvo has corrected all of them with this car.