2007 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: finicky ride

2007 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

V8 Sedan (4.4L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

finicky ride
By 10gallon on

2007 Volvo S80 V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my S80 (V8) from a local Volvo dealer and overall have been quite pleased with the car. I didn't really consider any other semi-luxury vehicle, as I was a valet at a major casino in the past and really got to experience everything under the sun. However, be prepared to constantly be addressing small issues, this car is very finicky. Premium fuel is a must to avoid "mis-fires" cauing the check engine light to come on. The TPMS system requires at least 38lbs or it will activate. Rear-view mirror was recalled by Volvo and the new one seems just as bad (won't stay put). Also, this car should have Sirius and Bluetooth as standard equipment. Don't get me wrong, I would buy again!

The V8 has a lot of power....you'll leave most other Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes, in the dust. Very comfortable car and the styling really can't be beat. I have it in silver and it turns heads! MPG is pretty good but what really sold me was the throaty sound of the V8!

Needs Sirous and Bluetooth to be standard....really no excuse for a $50k plus car.