2007 Volvo S80 3.2 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

5,060 Miles of S80 in Europe
By Werner Koczian

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Used Volvo's superb overseas delivery program. Drove car in Europe for two months from Sweden through France, to Monaco and back through Italy, Austria, Germany, and Denmark back to factory for home shipment. Excellent performance including almost 25 mpg fuel economy. Car was a joy to drive in the Alps as well as the Autobahns. In small towns and crowded metro areas, this is definitely a big car. But its size gets respect on the Autobahn as smaller cars yield to this big Swede.

Favorite Features

Sports package afforded great handling in the mountains, Xenon lights (that turn) were very effective. Great seats with cooling. Great seats. Big trunk. Good sound (iPod ready). Outstanding styling inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

A turbo option could be very interesting but is really not needed. This thing is a rocket and the 3.2 is much better balanced than the V8 I drove at the dealer.

Great Car!
By twindy

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second S80. This car is very quiet, handles great, super turning radius, fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Can't beat the Volvo seats!

Suggested Improvements

None.

5,060 Miles of S80 in Europe
By Werner Koczian

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Picked up a new S80 3.2 on June 4. Over a 2 month period, drove to the Riviera, back north through Italy, Austria, Germany, and Scandinavia (for home shipment). Lots of driving in crowded cities like Paris, winding back roads as in Provence, Austrian mountain roads, and German Autobahns... the car performed flawlessly. We averaged over 23 mpg in what I would consider some extremely demanding driving conditions and speeds (think Autobahn with cruise set at 150 KPH). On European roads, this is definitely a large car. But it drove nimbly and had no trouble running with the little guys. My Austrian/German relatives and friends thought the Big Swede is a veritable Rocket!

Favorite Features

The sports package! In the advanced setting, mountain switchbacks are no problem. The ventilated seats are outstanding. The Xenon headlights are fabulous. The new 3.2 liter engine is smooth, quiet, and powerful.

Suggested Improvements

I already see my only suggested improvement in the 2008 model - availability of a turbo on the new I6 for an additional 50 hp. I would never consider the V8.

I like my new S80
By Chicago Volvo Owner

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the S80 because it had better styling, luxury, fuel economy and safety than the competition. Three months later, I'm still very pleased. A recent 300 mile trip got me 31.3 mpg at an average 64 mph with air conditioning! That's better than many so-called economy cars. It feels solid as a bank-vault, and definitely has that luxurious ambience.

Favorite Features

I LOVE the programmable folding power side mirrors. The fold into the body every time I lock the doors - very cool for city life. I also like the memory seat which senses which driver is opening the door (by sensing the key-fob). Very cool. Also, the best designed interior around!

Suggested Improvements

a) Integrated blue tooth should be standard on a car of this level (it is in Europe btw). b) Same thing for a power tilt and telescope steering column. I don't much mind the manual cranks, but the competition is ahead with this feature. c) Ditto power rear sun-shade.

Great Car!
By Volvo Yahoo

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second S80, first was a 2000. The 2007 is a great car and very comfortable. No one beats Volvo seats, friends even comment on it. Love the way it rides, handles, style. Still have the first S80. I hope this is as good as the first car has been.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry - personal communicator.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Volvo is Value!
By Best Car For Money!

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, is all I keep telling myself. I picked up a loaded S80 3.2L on a 24 month lease and LOVE IT! I had a 1999 S80, and after many issues with that car, I looked to Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes. After test driving the 2007 S80 and comparing it to the competition, the S80 was the best car for the money. It drives like a dream and the amenities are endless. It is simple, elegant, easy to use, and sooo sexy! Only wish she was a bit faster - but dealership says there will be a software upgrade for the lag. Simply the best! Already have 3,000 miles - no problems!

Favorite Features

BLIS, adaptive cruise control with crash warning, sport package with air conditioned seats! Adjustable suspension! And my favorite - active bi-Xenon headlamps. And not to forget, the personal car communicator!!

Suggested Improvements

The 3.2L is a little bit slow, could use 30+ more HP. But who cares for now, I just enjoy rolling along on RTE 80 with her at 65 mph.

Best Volvo Ever
By Mike

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had a 240, 740, 850, S70 and prior generation S80. This is the best so far. V8, AWD, Audio package and you feel like you are in a different world. Quiet and agile.

Great car!
By gdare

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Was going to buy another BMW 5 series, but wanted something a little different. Drove a few cars, but came back to the S80 because of price and the fact that I haven't seen any on the road. While nothing handles quite like a BMW, I've been pleasantly surprised with this car. It's super comfortable, has all the bells and whistles (air conditioned seats, nav, keyless ignition), and is a joy to drive. Plus, the stereo system rocks! I plan to put on some 19" or 20" rims. Very cool car with some very cool features.

Favorite Features

REALLY comfortable seats; sound system; keyless entry and push button starter; smooth ride; price.

Suggested Improvements

Sportier sport package. Offer bigger wheels to make it look more substantial.

Amazing car!!! Best I have ever owned!!!
By bdhulk

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, and is by far the safest car i have ever owned (which has become very important to me with a new baby!). I have owned both Mercedes and BMW's in the recent past, and this car is more exciting, and has more cool features than either one of those! there is this thing call the BLIS (blind spot information system) that tells you if someone is in your blind with a light on the front A pillar... Very cool, and useful!

Favorite Features

The adaptive cruise is a very nice feature... it will actually brake me to a stop if the car in front of me slows down, or even stops!!!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing i wish to improve, and this one is on me, is that i wish i had put a bigger wheel on it. The wheel i have on it is nice, but I now wish i had ordered a bigger sport wheel!