2007 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Still a great car after 100k miles
By rustysmith on 08/14/14 23:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

No problems after 107k. Rock solid car. Originally bought it for the seats because of a bad back. Reliability has been superb and fuel economy better than EPA ratings. Seats and leather are world class, and the ergonomic interior is nice. I've come to love the fuselage-like look and design of the floating center stack console. There are trade offs with everything, though. The cabin lets in a reasonable amount of road noise and the ride is jittery and stiff. As a full disclaimer, I like an old school soft ride to the firm ride preferred today, and the Volvo is more BMW than Buick. That said, I'd buy it all over again. I'm even happier with my car today than I was four years ago.

Best car I ever had
By tacomatim on 07/23/12 22:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driving Volvo cars since 1979. This is by far the best Volvo I have ever had, and I can also say the best of any cars I ever had. It run smoothly, sounds great (typical of a V8 with dual exhaust), runs economically and still have the necessary power when needed. I highly recommend it!

Best value for the dollar in luxery
By kryfka012 on 11/22/11 16:01 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I never thought i would own a volvo bc i always liked the luxury sport feeling. when i saw the volvo s80 it caught my eye, and when i test drove the v8 it had the power i wanted. with the adjustible suspension i would wip it around the turns and take of when i need to. i think this car is great and it feels like it was built with great quality to the touch and eye.

Great car. Solid and reliable. Poor gas mileage
By necostanzo on 06/12/11 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used with 64,000 miles. It is a great looking car that is extremely well built. Much more solid than the 2005 Audi A6 I owned (that car had more rattles than a 10 year old Yugo). Seats are very comfortable, however the natural tanning process they use is not resistant to normal conditioners and cleaners (I cleaned the dirty drivers seat and it removed some of the tanned leather on the right side of the seat bottom bolster). The gas mileage is poor as compared to other V6's in the 3.2l-3.5l variety. My Audi A6 got about 27-28mpg hwy and this car only gets about 25-26mpg and it is only FWD and less powerful. Saturn Aura got 29mpg. Great car, solid reliable, poor mpg.

Most comfortable and one of the safest car
By xjungrocx on 12/29/10 17:15 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Styling is very conservative and bland, which is my favorite feature of the car. This car is very comfortable and has plenty of power to spend. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking into buying luxury midsize sedan with AWD system that works.

finicky ride
By 10gallon on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my S80 (V8) from a local Volvo dealer and overall have been quite pleased with the car. I didn't really consider any other semi-luxury vehicle, as I was a valet at a major casino in the past and really got to experience everything under the sun. However, be prepared to constantly be addressing small issues, this car is very finicky. Premium fuel is a must to avoid "mis-fires" cauing the check engine light to come on. The TPMS system requires at least 38lbs or it will activate. Rear-view mirror was recalled by Volvo and the new one seems just as bad (won't stay put). Also, this car should have Sirius and Bluetooth as standard equipment. Don't get me wrong, I would buy again!

Outstanding
By CHKLONDON on 03/19/10 15:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I looked for 3 months before buying. I got a great deal and enjoy the car. Its loaded and has 9 more items my 2001 did not have. I enjoy the adjustable chassis feature that adds dimension to the ride. The V8 kicks in beautifully when I need to pass, a thrill. Its silver and I often walk around the car and admire its elegance. The ventilated seats feel great, sound system is wonderful.The Navigation system will get you there but sometimes it takes sub optimal routes. Maybe its me? I looked at certified BMWs and almost bit but the Volvo is a better value. Also the sides of a BMW are somewhat drab and too close to the ground like an old ladies skirt.

WOW
By TWHACKSAW on 01/10/10 20:54 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Test drove several CPO's to include Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and Acura's and didn't find any to be as comfortable, safe and as fun to drive as the S80 V-8 AWD. While it may not be as sporty as a 5 Series or as luxurious as an E-Class or Lexus, it is the best total package. The AWD has proven itself to be a winner during this harsh Iowa winter. I've never felt as safe and secure driving through snow as I do in the S-80. Added two 9 inch DVD screens to the headrests so we can use it instead of the Minivan in bad weather. Best part- wife didn't blink at the price because she loved the S-60 we had previously. Personally I think the V-8 is the way to go, but I'm sure the T-6 is fine as well.

Great Machine
By jett on 01/02/10 23:10 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The S80 Volvo is a great car. Although I have only had it for two weeks, bought it used, it runs perfectly fine. The ride is smooth and the response of the different modes (comfort, sport, advance) are great. The seat are extremely comfortable, the gas is great for this size vehicle and the ride is ice smooth. I receive compliments every where I go. Some say it looks like a Benz. Its sporty yet elegant at the same time. Great Job Volvo!

Great Euro Luxury Sedan Value
By jeffd on 12/30/09 11:31 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is beautiful, inside and out. Good headroom for tall people, and decent legroom in the back, especially if the seats in the front seat are not 100% back. Good MP3 interface (hint, buy the $10 cable from Radio Shack and don't purchase the option). The mileage on the highway is impressive (around 27 mpg), but around the city is not (around 18 mpg.) The range of the car is a little underwhelming, but the controls and audio are fabulous and easy. The AC works very well, even in a very hot climate. No leaks or air noise, as this is a very 'tight' car. I always thought the old S80s were boring, but with this redesign, the inside and out never get old to the drivers or passengers.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.