Used 2007 Volvo S80 3.2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Still a great car after 100k miles
By rustysmith

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

No problems after 107k. Rock solid car. Originally bought it for the seats because of a bad back. Reliability has been superb and fuel economy better than EPA ratings. Seats and leather are world class, and the ergonomic interior is nice. I've come to love the fuselage-like look and design of the floating center stack console. There are trade offs with everything, though. The cabin lets in a reasonable amount of road noise and the ride is jittery and stiff. As a full disclaimer, I like an old school soft ride to the firm ride preferred today, and the Volvo is more BMW than Buick. That said, I'd buy it all over again. I'm even happier with my car today than I was four years ago.

Favorite Features

-Reliability -Seats -Soft leather -Ergonomics -Interior design -Dynaudio sound system -Affordability (I bought mine mine was three years old w/40k miles and I bought it for $21k) -Fuel economy. EPA rated it at 16 city/25 hwy, but I get 20+ MPG driving 95% city backroads during rush hour in Houston. Lowest MPG I ever recorded was 19.3 MPG on a tank a few months back. Got 28+ MPG over three fill ups during a road trip two years ago.

Suggested Improvements

-Interior noise level -Ride comfort (tradeoff for better handling, I still prefer the silky smooth 'big car' ride of the old Buicks) -Some of blue paint on Volvo emblem on steering wheel flaked off

Great car. Solid and reliable. Poor gas mileage
By necostanzo

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used with 64,000 miles. It is a great looking car that is extremely well built. Much more solid than the 2005 Audi A6 I owned (that car had more rattles than a 10 year old Yugo). Seats are very comfortable, however the natural tanning process they use is not resistant to normal conditioners and cleaners (I cleaned the dirty drivers seat and it removed some of the tanned leather on the right side of the seat bottom bolster). The gas mileage is poor as compared to other V6's in the 3.2l-3.5l variety. My Audi A6 got about 27-28mpg hwy and this car only gets about 25-26mpg and it is only FWD and less powerful. Saturn Aura got 29mpg. Great car, solid reliable, poor mpg.

Favorite Features

Solid and smooth reliable - no issues or known defects comfortable

Suggested Improvements

More durable leather tanning process Improve gas mileage

Great Machine
By jett

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The S80 Volvo is a great car. Although I have only had it for two weeks, bought it used, it runs perfectly fine. The ride is smooth and the response of the different modes (comfort, sport, advance) are great. The seat are extremely comfortable, the gas is great for this size vehicle and the ride is ice smooth. I receive compliments every where I go. Some say it looks like a Benz. Its sporty yet elegant at the same time. Great Job Volvo!

Favorite Features

The color,heated and cooled seats, sun roof, rain sensor wiper blades, Lights, keyless driving, extra security features, the Smooth ride, and soo much more.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to mention!

Great Euro Luxury Sedan Value
By jeffd

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is beautiful, inside and out. Good headroom for tall people, and decent legroom in the back, especially if the seats in the front seat are not 100% back. Good MP3 interface (hint, buy the $10 cable from Radio Shack and don't purchase the option). The mileage on the highway is impressive (around 27 mpg), but around the city is not (around 18 mpg.) The range of the car is a little underwhelming, but the controls and audio are fabulous and easy. The AC works very well, even in a very hot climate. No leaks or air noise, as this is a very 'tight' car. I always thought the old S80s were boring, but with this redesign, the inside and out never get old to the drivers or passengers.

Favorite Features

MP3 interface

Suggested Improvements

Bigger trunk opening, longer range between fillups.

GREAT CAR
By beach4

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This was our first Volvo and we planned on keeping it for years but due to a relocation we will be trading it in for a XC 90 AWD. I hope I love that car as much as I love this one. We have taken the S80 across the country with two adults and two teenagers and everyone was comfortable. Well, as comfortable as anyone can be going across the country with two teenagers!!

Favorite Features

Love the luxury at your finger tip design and the heated and cooled seats.