2007 Volvo S80 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Great car. Solid and reliable. Poor gas mileage
By necostanzo on 06/12/11 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used with 64,000 miles. It is a great looking car that is extremely well built. Much more solid than the 2005 Audi A6 I owned (that car had more rattles than a 10 year old Yugo). Seats are very comfortable, however the natural tanning process they use is not resistant to normal conditioners and cleaners (I cleaned the dirty drivers seat and it removed some of the tanned leather on the right side of the seat bottom bolster). The gas mileage is poor as compared to other V6's in the 3.2l-3.5l variety. My Audi A6 got about 27-28mpg hwy and this car only gets about 25-26mpg and it is only FWD and less powerful. Saturn Aura got 29mpg. Great car, solid reliable, poor mpg.

Great Machine
By jett on 01/02/10 23:10 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The S80 Volvo is a great car. Although I have only had it for two weeks, bought it used, it runs perfectly fine. The ride is smooth and the response of the different modes (comfort, sport, advance) are great. The seat are extremely comfortable, the gas is great for this size vehicle and the ride is ice smooth. I receive compliments every where I go. Some say it looks like a Benz. Its sporty yet elegant at the same time. Great Job Volvo!

Great Euro Luxury Sedan Value
By jeffd on 12/30/09 11:31 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is beautiful, inside and out. Good headroom for tall people, and decent legroom in the back, especially if the seats in the front seat are not 100% back. Good MP3 interface (hint, buy the $10 cable from Radio Shack and don't purchase the option). The mileage on the highway is impressive (around 27 mpg), but around the city is not (around 18 mpg.) The range of the car is a little underwhelming, but the controls and audio are fabulous and easy. The AC works very well, even in a very hot climate. No leaks or air noise, as this is a very 'tight' car. I always thought the old S80s were boring, but with this redesign, the inside and out never get old to the drivers or passengers.

GREAT CAR
By beach4 on 11/21/09 21:24 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This was our first Volvo and we planned on keeping it for years but due to a relocation we will be trading it in for a XC 90 AWD. I hope I love that car as much as I love this one. We have taken the S80 across the country with two adults and two teenagers and everyone was comfortable. Well, as comfortable as anyone can be going across the country with two teenagers!!

Great Car, High Value.
By donniebob on 09/24/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just returned from a 3000 mile road trip. Odometer just rolled over 30,000 as we returned. Last leg of trip, 1400 miles, got 31.4 mpg with average speed of 65 mph. Best ever. It was comfortable, responsive, easy to drive at up to the 90 mph we cruised on some Utah & Idaho roads where posted speed limit was 80. High winds didn't bother it. Neither did some sharp mountainous turns. Good job, Volvo! MUCH more responsive and comfortable than our 1999 XC-70.

I love this car!!!
By love my volvo on 09/19/09 23:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After driving an SUV, I was looking for a great sedan that could still transport the family and all of our stuff. This is truly a luxury vehicle and I love it! I plan to keep this vehicle for 200,000 miles!

Volvo S80
By JP on 05/08/09 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have been extremely pleased with this car. I had never owned a Volvo before but the experience has been great. It drives very well, it's comfortable and has been extremely reliable. I get 25-28 MPG driving mostly highways. I would recommend this car.

One Fine Swede
By Bob on 09/08/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My fifth Volvo, the best yet. At 23,500 miles I'm getting 28 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH with and average of 25 MPG city/highway. My car is loaded less rear seat intertainment system.

great car
By matt on 05/01/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

this is my first volvo, i am impressed at volvo stepping it up this year with a nice s80. the car drives nicely, and is on the fast side. looks great and catching to the eye. ppl are shocked thats it a volvo when they see it..

5,060 Miles of S80 in Europe
By Werner Koczian on 08/11/07 12:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Used Volvo's superb overseas delivery program. Drove car in Europe for two months from Sweden through France, to Monaco and back through Italy, Austria, Germany, and Denmark back to factory for home shipment. Excellent performance including almost 25 mpg fuel economy. Car was a joy to drive in the Alps as well as the Autobahns. In small towns and crowded metro areas, this is definitely a big car. But its size gets respect on the Autobahn as smaller cars yield to this big Swede.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.