Great car except....
By Pete on
2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
I love everything about this car except the gas mileage. The dealer told me that I could expect to get up to 24 mpg around town (really, I asked twice and had it confirmedÂ…Volvo only says 20 mpg). I am lucky to get 17.5 mpg, and I am driving very conservatively (with a combo of local and highway). When I asked the Dealer, I was told that the mileage was probably due to the car being AWD. Funny, that isn't what he said when he was trying to sell me the car. Also, Dealer said to use regular gas (in spite of Volvo recommending super unleaded). I am in the process of upgrading my fuel and hoping to see the numbers improve. Otherwise, I love this car.
Favorite Features
Leather interior, inlaid wood trim and steering wheel, seats are very comfortable, supportive. The exterior finish and trim appears to be excellent. I also enjoy the spirited engine with the 2.5 turbo. Plenty of power when I need it (but haven't used it much so far).
Suggested Improvements
Improve the gas mileage. For a car this size, with a turbo engine, it's amazingly bad when compared to a car like the Toyota Avalon (larger car, bigger engine, and much better gas mileage).