2006 Volvo S80 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
The Volvo S80
By Dennis on 11/16/06 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The S80 4door sedan is a smartly styled,fun to drive, comfortable, reliable luxury touring sedan with room for four adults. MPG 20+ highway/city. Two things I would change. Larger side view mirrors and larger tires. Not rim size but sidewall size. Car came with 18" 50's. Don't like the low profile. Better ride with 60's or 65's and tires would last longer. All in all, you can spend a lot more money and I don't think you can buy a much better car. We've owned Volvo's since 1978. We've also owned GMC, Ford, Chevy and BMW 740IL. Volvo beats them all.

great car
By talor jennings on 08/05/06 21:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

great handling, nice lines and solid feel make this a great automobile. everyone should try this one.

Traded our 2002 s60
By Nick on 07/17/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

One of the best cars I have owned. Unmatched service and care by the dealer!

Nice looking, needs work
By Dave on 04/01/06 09:33 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We chose this car because it was the best looking with the most interior room in its class. It is very comfortable, but the engine is woefully underpowered. Gas mileage lists between 20 and 27 mpg, I drive mostly highway and cannot get above 19 mpg, very disappointing. Little annoyances: there is only one button for lock/unlock. If your door is unlocked but passenger's is locked, you must hit the button once to lock all doors, then again to unlock all doors. Homelink garage door opener should be standard on a luxury car, is instead in the convenience package which is expensive now that they include the back up assist. It is a beautiful, underpowered car, with minor annoyances.

Great car except....
By Pete on 11/17/05 16:48 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love everything about this car except the gas mileage. The dealer told me that I could expect to get up to 24 mpg around town (really, I asked twice and had it confirmed…Volvo only says 20 mpg). I am lucky to get 17.5 mpg, and I am driving very conservatively (with a combo of local and highway). When I asked the Dealer, I was told that the mileage was probably due to the car being AWD. Funny, that isn't what he said when he was trying to sell me the car. Also, Dealer said to use regular gas (in spite of Volvo recommending super unleaded). I am in the process of upgrading my fuel and hoping to see the numbers improve. Otherwise, I love this car.

What a great car!
By stan on 11/08/05 23:59 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I loved the interior design and features, like heated seats, separate right-left heating controls, etc., but I really fell in love when I drove the car. Acceleration is excellent; reminds me of a Chevy 350-4 barrel v-8 I once had. Road feel, suspension and braking are outstanding. Owning this car makes me feel like I just want to hit the road and throw it around a road course. It makes driving fun again.

A refined weakling
By Richard on 10/27/05 12:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I didn't buy this car for the power... and it's a good thing. Acceleration is poor at best. My 2002 Toyota 4Runner SUV seemed to have better acceleration. Handling is a bit sketchy as well. HOWEVER, what I did buy this car for... comfort, safety, quality, value - it's a homerun. Compared against some of the other luxury sedans, this is a value buy and a good entry level luxury sedan. It may disturb many that Volvo is now owned by Ford, but rest assured that Volvo has been able to keep quality issues to a minimum.

Volvo Sedan review
By SM on 10/05/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Very pleased with the handling especially in the winter. The AWD is smooth and responsive. Would like to have features such as compass, GPS, and or Navigational software. Exterior has a clean line and I love the feeling of safety and confidence I have knowing my family is riding in a Volvo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.