Fantastic Piece of Machinery
By david718 on
2006 Volvo S80 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
I have wanted a Volvo S80 ever since the new design came out in 1999. Although it took me till 2007 to purchase a used 2006 S80, I feel that I have scored big. The exterior design is sleek and looks good from every angle. All lines look proportionate and the headlight and tail light assemblies are "Jewel-Like." The interior is refined and practical with a "Watch-Like" dash, wood trim and comfortable heated seats. The plethora of options make driving a pleasure and you will wonder how you ever drove without them. The turbo provides enough acceleration when needed and I average about 24 mpg. Quality of finish and mechanical components has been very good and service from dealer exceptional.
Favorite Features
Body styling, interior accoutrement, ease of controls and handling. Love the heated seats especially on very cold days here in the northwest and the winter driving mode has been useful on many occasions. Park assist is very helpful when backing up. Comfortable, and stylish ride.
Suggested Improvements
There is no interior trunk release inside the cabin, fixed on the 2007. Increase soundproofing to eliminate some road noise. Darken the top of the dashboard to eliminate dashboard reflection, fixed on 2007.