2006 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
06 S80 2.5L Turbo
By caniacfan on 07/11/13 09:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car when it had 60000 miles on it and now has 124000 miles. Very happy with car. My wife loves it. She drives it more than I. Had to have AC condenser replaced at 119000 miles. Headlight connectors go bad and have had to replace headlights more frequently than expected. Other than those issues it has been normal maintenance. Get 24 MPG on average and 28 on hwy.

EXCELLENT ROAD TRIP CAR
By VICK47 on 01/29/10 06:44 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned two S80 sedans a 2002 and a 2006. They both had the metallic black paint and the premium sound cd player. I use this car for highway travel mostly.When I get in it to take the road its like being in another world,it is truly fun to drive and the seating is so very comfortable and relaxing. Every passenger says the same thing. I get it washed and detailed often and use only premium fuel.I really like the facts that lots of people usually can't tell what year or make it is without asking.This car seems to be built for the mature driver who is beyond the "race car" years and makes a statement that "I'm concerned about safety and comfort."

Good car but a little disappointed
By JEdl on 11/11/09 08:37 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The car is fun to drive and nice to look at but the quality of the interior is a bit poor especially the leather seats which tend to wear quicker than most other vehicles with leather trim. Volvo could pay better attention to maintaining their reputation of producing a quality vehicle. Reliability rate low for this model due to transmission noise when shifting from park to reverse

Fantastic Piece of Machinery
By david718 on 03/26/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have wanted a Volvo S80 ever since the new design came out in 1999. Although it took me till 2007 to purchase a used 2006 S80, I feel that I have scored big. The exterior design is sleek and looks good from every angle. All lines look proportionate and the headlight and tail light assemblies are "Jewel-Like." The interior is refined and practical with a "Watch-Like" dash, wood trim and comfortable heated seats. The plethora of options make driving a pleasure and you will wonder how you ever drove without them. The turbo provides enough acceleration when needed and I average about 24 mpg. Quality of finish and mechanical components has been very good and service from dealer exceptional.

What You'd Expect From Volvo
By brad on 01/13/09 08:02 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is underpowered, but typical of most turbos there is a lag from pressing the gas until the turbo kicks in. This car does better at higher speeds - think of it as a highway cruiser. I drive mostly highway using premium fuel and average 23 to 24 mpg. There is a 2nd A/C outlet on the center console facing backseat that is good for folks needing more than 1 outlet (just snake your cord between console and seat if you need to be tidy). Paint finish is excellent. Interior comfort is excellent. Great value.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By jlgva on 06/05/07 13:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I can't say enough positive things about this car. Granted my old car was a 1998 Maxima with 160K miles. Comfortable, quiet, handles well. Could use more acceleration but it has enough for me. Averaging 25/32 MPG city/hwy - I use cruise control a lot. Chose this over BWM 525i, Lexus ES 330, Jaguar XJ8, Infiniti G35, Lincoln LS - I drove a lot of cars. The S80 was the best combination of comfort, features, reliability, and price.

My all-time favorite car!
By Laura Deihl on 01/23/07 23:10 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

What a joy to drive. Handles great, comfortable. Feel totally confident and secure. Amazing such a safe car has such a lovely, almost sporty feel to a luxurious ride. Sumptuous. Perfect size.

The Volvo S80
By Dennis on 11/16/06 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The S80 4door sedan is a smartly styled,fun to drive, comfortable, reliable luxury touring sedan with room for four adults. MPG 20+ highway/city. Two things I would change. Larger side view mirrors and larger tires. Not rim size but sidewall size. Car came with 18" 50's. Don't like the low profile. Better ride with 60's or 65's and tires would last longer. All in all, you can spend a lot more money and I don't think you can buy a much better car. We've owned Volvo's since 1978. We've also owned GMC, Ford, Chevy and BMW 740IL. Volvo beats them all.

great car
By talor jennings on 08/05/06 21:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

great handling, nice lines and solid feel make this a great automobile. everyone should try this one.

Traded our 2002 s60
By Nick on 07/17/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

One of the best cars I have owned. Unmatched service and care by the dealer!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.