LOVE this car - on my second one at 167K miles
By volvocandy on
2005 Volvo S80 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
This is my second S80 and I absolutely love this car. It's the perfect size, gets really good mileage and is Swedish non-nonsense luxury personified. No Lexis toys in a toy, just quiet and comfortable safety that you can trust, all in understated elegance. It also had the ability to lock in car seats for my twin grandsons that many cars to not - which is still another safety feature.
Favorite Features
Of course I love the safety built in to this car. But I also really enjoy the fact that I do planned maintenance and have never had unexpected problems arise. I'm short and this driver's seat is hands down the most comfortable seat I've ever been in; I particularly like that the front of the seat has a tilt so that the seat under my legs can be slightly lower than the portion nearer to the back of my body. It makes long road trips a joy. It's quiet, comfortable, safe, reliable, and has a low cost of maintenance. Compared to other luxury cars there really is no comparison when you consider the cost. A total stand out car. Will probably buy a third when this one hits 300-400K.
Suggested Improvements
I replaced the GPS with an after-market one. But I don't think any stock units are as good as the after-market ones today, Volvo or not.