2005 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
LOVE this car - on my second one at 167K miles
By volvocandy on 11/25/13 11:28 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my second S80 and I absolutely love this car. It's the perfect size, gets really good mileage and is Swedish non-nonsense luxury personified. No Lexis toys in a toy, just quiet and comfortable safety that you can trust, all in understated elegance. It also had the ability to lock in car seats for my twin grandsons that many cars to not - which is still another safety feature.

Just a great car to own
By nickosmith on 07/10/12 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned this car for just over 3 years ..and i must say i am loving each and every bit of it. This is my 1st Volvo and i did a lot of research and found that 2005 or 2006 S80 were the best compare to older years. I never had any problems because i have maintained it well. If you are looking for older design S80, then got for 2005 or 2006 year model. i always wanted a Volvo with turbo and i was going for S60 but i found same price and bit higher mileage an S80, and had more leg room and some neat options. And i was glad i made that decision. These cars are built solid and feel firm on road. And good mpg considering its size. I guess its a small engine with turbo.

This car has ruined my life.
By s80sux on 04/15/11 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

only 63,000 miles and the "No oil pressure" "stop vehicle" light comes on, I had to have the vehicle towed to the dealership and the repairs are well over $1800.00 which I cannot afford. I am NO LONGER ABLE TO GO TO COLLEGE!!! since I have no car and have no way of getting there. This car is a money pit and has literally ruined my life.

Volvo-For Life
By volvos80 on 06/10/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am privileged to be driving this wonderful machine. Since childhood, I have always wanted a Volvo upon reaching 16 years of age. I was fortunate to find an amazing deal on such an amazing car! I have only had to take it in for scheduled maintenance and two out of maintenance issues (hole in radiator and key fob malfunction--both covered under CPO warranty). We also own a XC90 with the same engine, and the two are like night and day. I would recommend any person purchase this vehicle, especially with the 2.5T engine (has power and great on gas-31 on highway). Currently the S80 has 70,000 miles, and anyone cannot believe it is that old. You will not be disappointed!

S80 2.0T unique to Europe and Asia
By MAURICE WILLIAMS on 11/10/09 09:06 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my third Volvo having previously owned a 850GLT and an S70. In comparison the S80 2.0T is underpowered at 190 hp. It's slow off the mark but once on the highway its brilliant and comfortable all the way up to 180km/h after which it gets choppy. This would not have been the case with the S70 or 850GLT which has superior power to weight ratio and better handling. I recently went to BSR Sweden and reformatted the OBD. And now it runs at 225 hp which makes it a whole lot more economical to run in town and performs like stink in excess of 230 kmh. I had to shod on a set of 18" rims with 235/40 series tyers to keep the car on the road. Overall this car vs my Merc Coupe is good.

Bought Used
By Statik on 03/23/09 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I researched a few vehicles and liked this car because it could fit four adults and a car seat comfortably. The base engine feels stronger than my v-6 mustang. It has good traction and it is well designed inside and out. I also enjoyed the 100k pre-owned warranty from volvo came with it even though I bought it from a private party. I would recommend this car to others.

Best value!
By Kelly on 04/09/05 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This has been my 2nd volvo and there's no other car I would buy. In 2003 I was in a 40 mph head on collision with a BMW and this car held up. My car was totaled however my life was spared. Until that day, I didn't relize how safe volvo's were. It really is the BEST car out there. You can never put a price on your life.

Great Car
By Richard L. Turner on 03/19/05 11:10 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My Volvo S80 is a very comfortable car to drive. The neck and back support are the best I have ever had in a car. I can fold the back seats down for transporting goods and groceries. The car has a great pickup at about 270 horsepower. I own three volvos and will stick with volvo as I feel they are one of the safest cars on the road as well as being powerful and comfortable. The outside style has dramatically improved since the old box shaped volvos. I can't ask for a better car. The service dept. at West County Volvo has always been friendly and efficient. Proud to say I don't have to take my volvo in very often.

Very nice vehicle
By karl Ripple on 02/08/05 17:01 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is replacing a 2002 S-60 2.4. It out classes the S-60 in all categories except handling through turns.

First New Volvo in 20 years
By louc on 12/08/04 17:20 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The S80 is a tremendous improvement over by last 240. The interior is much more comfortable, guages and controls are excellent and the front and rear seat room is much improved. The ride is firm but very supportive, with very little road noise. The performance is very good, the turbo operates without lag, fuel economy has never been below 24 MPG. The car is a tremendous value whencompared to a BMW 5-Series or Lexus. I have not had any initial build problems, but have had many on my SAABS and BMWs.