Would buy again...
By colby92 on
2004 Volvo S80 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)
I have a 2004, 2.9L straight-6 (no turbo) Volvo S80 with over 94,000 miles. I am getting about 19mpg city and 26mpg highway; not bad for a 4000lb tank. The seats are EXTREMELY comfortable and the vehicle feels very solid all around. I feel very safe in this car and would not drive anything else because Volvo does not cut corners on safety. They had side airbags STANDARD in 1998, WOW! The American and Japanese automakers cannot touch Volvo's safety record. Knock on wood, I haven't had anything major go wrong with it, just a broken popup cup holder. Like most cars, the Volvos will love you if you give them some love. Maintain them and you shouldn't worry about reliability.
Favorite Features
Extremely comfortable seats, tons of active and passive safety features, solid build quality, fully automatic windows/sunroof, automatic fold-down for rear head restraints, passed all IIHS crash tests with flying colors and is a top safety pick, roomy for people over 6 feet tall, computer that calculates fuel economy (average, instantaneous, miles left on tank), roomy trunk, good visibility, and have I mentioned safety enough?
Suggested Improvements
It could have better acceleration, cheaper replacement parts, improved fuel economy and a higher-end CVT or 6-speed automatic transmission