The first 7500 miles
By J Williams on
2004 Volvo S80 T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)
I choose the S80 because my previous cars have been standard V6 sedans. The S80 is by far the best sedan I have own or driven. Leaving Denver in April, there were 12 inches of snow on the ground but with my DSTC on and working I had no problem with driving or staying on the road (other cars and trucks, even 4x4's slid off the road) and holding a steady speed for road conditions. I made it though the snow storm until the DOT closed I-40 at 7200 feet elevation. The moto "For Life" had nothing to do with my decision to buy but I'm glad I did. The only thing better than owning a Volvo, is having 2 Volvo's. I have the XC90 also.
Favorite Features
The DSTC, the day running lights, the comfort on long trips (which I take ofter)the fuel mileage in the S80 (29.5) is great and comparable. To me, the "whole car" is my favorite feature!
Suggested Improvements
After driving my S80/T6 for 7500 miles, I can't think of a thing that could possibly improve this vehicle for performance and style. However,on my return trip home in a small town in N.M. the message read. Stop engine. I had a coolant problem.Which turn out to be a low level because of