Big Disappointment
By jimmi on
2004 Volvo S80 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)
I've had my car since almost new. For the first couple of years, it performed well. It went through routine maintenance. After 100k, problems started happening. In the last 3 months I've spent over $4500 on repairs, from buying a new axle, brakes, brushes, repairing leaks...etc. (remind you this car goes through extensive routine service). The car has a nice title, but it comes with a price. Volvo is not the same Volvo we've all knew growing up. It's a Ford 500 :-(. I really don't want to buy a new car, but I'm being forced to because I refuse to put another dime on fixing it. I'm looking at more practical cars like, honda, acura, toyota, lexus. don't recommend a volvo, new or used.
Favorite Features
Ride, durability, quietness
Suggested Improvements
reliability, lacking characteristics in what makes a Volvo, GAS GUZZLER, expensive maintenance.
By manhunter2
on 04/24/13 17:18 PM (PDT)

Ford 500, huh? That would be interesting, since Ford didn't make the Five-Hundred until 2005 and Ford does not now, nor have they ever made a 2.9L 6-cylinder engine. I would invite you to compare the reliability and gas mileage of your Volvo to the 2005 (first year) Ford Five Hundred. There isn't any. By the way, Volvo's automobile division is now owned by a Chinese company; should improve their quality control substantially...