2004 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: A good find

2004 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

A good find
By azsteve on

2004 Volvo S80 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Having owned many cars in 30 years and many test drives of rentals during business trips I can say that this has been the best car value for me to date. The 2004 2.5T sedan seems to be a good reliable model year. I get 29 MPG average and can't believe the smooth power. Volvo did a perfect job matching the engine and transmission in this model. I have done ALL of my own auto repair and maintenance in past years including engine and transmission rebuilds. Knowing what I know I am very impressed with the build quality and engineering in this vehicle. I am very happy with the comfort, ride quality, climate control, and interior.

Air Conditioning blower comes on automatically 1 hr after car is shut off to prevent musty odors. Nice sounding audio system. This car seems to do everything automatically. Lights, wipers, climate control, rear view mirror dimmer - all you have to do is steer. Easy to park in tight spots.

Visibility - this car has blind spots. You have to be extra careful when changing lanes. The engine noise seems more noticeable than most cars in its price range.