2004 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
S 80
By Mike M. on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love how the s80 handels, It quick response and great exceleration is one of the many features that I like. It also gets great gas millage. hwy.30.5 city27. THe comfort of the drive on long trips is great I had no drive fatigue after driving 8 hours straight. I recomand the volvo to all my friends. I look forward to buying another one soon for my wife. The volvo also has great leather seats.

Love my volvo
By Karen McCord on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I only have one complaint! First of all, I love this car! I've been complimented on the looks inside and out..and the spacious interior, not to mention the comfort. I am recently experiencing electrical problems...my fuel tank release button randomly decides not to work as well as my cruise control! I'm getting it looked at tomorrow, so we'll see! LOVE IT THOUGH!

S80 2.9 Reveiw
By Volvo04 2.9 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 99 and they have made every improvement that is mentioned as desires on message boards

S80 - THE CAR FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
By FAITH on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

EXCEPTIONAL VEHICLE. SURPASSED MY EXPECTATIONS. THIS CAR HAS EXCELLENT VEHICLES ALONG WITH AN OUTSTANDING VEHICLE SAFETY SYSTEM. EVERYONE SHOULD OWN ONE.

Thrilled
By TerryDB on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car. From the performance (starting and stopping), to the beauty (interior and exterior), to the comfortable quiet ride.

Like the Germans Used to Make.
By freeheit on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Despite its attractive exterior, the Swedish Volvo S80 is a sensible no- nonsense sedan like the German's used to make. Yesterday my neighbor and I were noting how much more my 2004 S80 is like his old Mercedes than the current Mercedes are, both in the Volvo's sturdiness and high-quality and in its lack of Jaguar-esque friviolity. If Volvo could have completely refrained from its (admitedly minimal) use of fake wood (or any wood) in the interior, the S80 would be the worlds most perfect car.

Second S80 - this one's a charm
By Tbuehler on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

My first S80 was a 2001 and frankly it did not inspire me to purchase another one. If not for the other two people in my company that didn't want to switch vehicles it would have been a BMW or an Infiniti this time around. This car though has proven to be what the prior Volvo wasn't - solid with good handling and speed. All in all I think this time they got it right.

outstanding car, s80
By j.maclain on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our S80 back in January and We are very pleased with its performance and reliability thus far. We had a 1978 volvo 244dl that we drove for 22 years and we sold it with 265,000 miles on it 3 years ago, and every now and then we still see it on the road. So we have nothing negative to say about volvo and will drive them forever, infact we just took delivery of our new volvo XC90, and it's everything they say it is. Thanks Volvo

A Volvo can be fun!!!
By MPL on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Every three years I get to change cars through my company car lease program. I've done the Bimmers, Benz, Jags, etc. but this time around the Volvo really caught my eye. I first took a close look at the S80 T6 when I went to turn my Jaguar S-Type back in to the dealership (who also happened to be a Volvo dealer). Once I got the S80 out for a test drive, my mind was made up. Who would have thought that a front- wheel Volvo could be so much fun to drive!!! I've had to put up with a few 'old guy' jokes from friends when I told them I went 'Volvo' but their criticisms usually stop once they come for a ride.

a very underrated car but a true beauty
By cherryl on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Amazing car and the most comfortable car I have been. The seats are designed by Swedish massage therapists. Amazingly fast!!!!!