Used 2004 Volvo S80 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

S80 2.5 T
By wdkm

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have already driven it 10,000 miles and have really enjoyed the experience. The people in the back seat have as great experience as those in the front.

The first 7500 miles
By J Williams

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I choose the S80 because my previous cars have been standard V6 sedans. The S80 is by far the best sedan I have own or driven. Leaving Denver in April, there were 12 inches of snow on the ground but with my DSTC on and working I had no problem with driving or staying on the road (other cars and trucks, even 4x4's slid off the road) and holding a steady speed for road conditions. I made it though the snow storm until the DOT closed I-40 at 7200 feet elevation. The moto "For Life" had nothing to do with my decision to buy but I'm glad I did. The only thing better than owning a Volvo, is having 2 Volvo's. I have the XC90 also.

Favorite Features

The DSTC, the day running lights, the comfort on long trips (which I take ofter)the fuel mileage in the S80 (29.5) is great and comparable. To me, the "whole car" is my favorite feature!

Suggested Improvements

After driving my S80/T6 for 7500 miles, I can't think of a thing that could possibly improve this vehicle for performance and style. However,on my return trip home in a small town in N.M. the message read. Stop engine. I had a coolant problem.Which turn out to be a low level because of

Fabulous ride
By mule

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Best car in terms of drivability, comfort,room, ever experienced!

Favorite Features

Road handling.

Everything I wanted!!!
By nicci

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had two other volvo's in the past. My last one was the 850 turbo. I did alot of research before I bought this car and have been nothing but pleased with my decision. The car is everything I wanted! It is fun, safe and beautiful. What a ride! The car gets alot of looks and many compliments. It rides smooth and is so comfortable. I just get in it and ride around the block just because it feels so awesome. Volvo's are pure class and I feel I couldn't have picked any better! Treat yourself and go get one and Enjoy what life has to offer!

Favorite Features

interior is so beautiful, roomy and comfortable. Plenty of room for 5 adults. Love that the seats fold down. The heated seats and sunroof are great!

Suggested Improvements

It could make sharper turns.

fantastic car searching for its soul
By milano-michigan

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a remarkable car. Outsatnding MPG on the highway (29 @ 80 miles per hour), above 20 in town...very comfortable (a little bit "spartan", though) easy to drive, cruises very nicely, does everything right....it just does not have the "solid" feeling, nor sporty feeling of a BMW or Mercedez. It always gives you the impression the "power is not going to be there...but it is.

Favorite Features

Seats. MPG.visibility. manuverability.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes could give a "stronger feeling"(although they are good). Compass should be added. Audio is good but not outstanding.