Used 2004 Volvo S80 2.5T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Very dissapointed
By dbaill

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my volvo 8 years ago. I have fixed this car so many times. Fixed windows not working three time, motor mount broke, throttle body needed cleaning, lights quit working, I owned three different toyota vehicle and put over 150,000 on each and have not had problems like this in any one of them. Would never ever buy another one

Best vehicle made!!!
By keith

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2004 Volvo 2.5 turbo is an excellent car. It is a 5 cylinder turbocharged engine with a 5 speed automatic transmission fwd. It gets great fuel economy(31-33) hwy-(20 city) and has wonderful go!I could never say anything but great things about this vehicle. If you ever have a chance to own one buy it, you will never regret doing so. Mine is white with camel leather a beautiful combination loaded with options. Buy one if someone will part with it, mine stays in the garage and is pampered to keep it as nice as possible.

Favorite Features

my favorite features are the drivetrain--the inline 5 cylinder turbocharged engine with a 5 speed transmission fwd only it is perfectly balanced so you don't know its running, it will go when needed and gets outstanding fuel mileage for the size car 31-33 hwy 20 cty

Suggested Improvements

none

Very happy even years later
By BWS2010

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It's unfortunate that these other owners have had a lot of problems. I have had very little problems. My cig lighter will blow every once in a while, but it's when I'm running 2 chargers at the same time so I just keep extra 20 AMP fuses in the car. The drink holders are no the best designs, but overall I have had no serious problems.

Never thought about a Volvo
By bobandlisa86

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have never owned a volvo or have know anyone to own a volvo. Was working with a dealer and he talked me in to driving one. Wow!! I was hooked from that point on. It drives great looks good and has all the pick up that I need. Had my heart set on a Lexus, but not after driving the Volvo. Love it and will look for another one when I need a car. I have taken it on 2 long trips already and I get over 30 miles to the gallon. If you haven't driven one don't wait. It is very comfortable and I'm not a little guy either.

Favorite Features

Love the automatic wipers and the rear fog lights.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I would love to see is to make the armrest longer it is a little short.

One Reliable Fuel-Efficient Tank!
By Anthony

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my first Volvo in 2005. It is a white S80. I can't say enough about the car. My previous car was a Lexus ES300, which I loved. But after moving to the suburbs and ommuting on the highway I decided to go for the safest on I could find. The car moves for a almost 4000 lb tank! The ride is quiet an agressive. It handles like a smaller sportier sedan. The best part is that when some cowboy in a goofy truck rides off my bumper he slowly realizes my white tank is not giving way. I have a 17 ft.great white sharks tooth hanging from the rear view mirror, reminding me of speed, unexpected stealth, and power- and that's what you get in the S80!

Favorite Features

Mileage is great, power, quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Should have bought a AWD- I live in the Northeast.