2004 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Very happy even years later
By BWS2010 on 03/09/10 11:25 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It's unfortunate that these other owners have had a lot of problems. I have had very little problems. My cig lighter will blow every once in a while, but it's when I'm running 2 chargers at the same time so I just keep extra 20 AMP fuses in the car. The drink holders are no the best designs, but overall I have had no serious problems.

Best vehicle made!!!
By keith on 07/22/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2004 Volvo 2.5 turbo is an excellent car. It is a 5 cylinder turbocharged engine with a 5 speed automatic transmission fwd. It gets great fuel economy(31-33) hwy-(20 city) and has wonderful go!I could never say anything but great things about this vehicle. If you ever have a chance to own one buy it, you will never regret doing so. Mine is white with camel leather a beautiful combination loaded with options. Buy one if someone will part with it, mine stays in the garage and is pampered to keep it as nice as possible.

One Reliable Fuel-Efficient Tank!
By Anthony on 12/26/08 14:21 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my first Volvo in 2005. It is a white S80. I can't say enough about the car. My previous car was a Lexus ES300, which I loved. But after moving to the suburbs and ommuting on the highway I decided to go for the safest on I could find. The car moves for a almost 4000 lb tank! The ride is quiet an agressive. It handles like a smaller sportier sedan. The best part is that when some cowboy in a goofy truck rides off my bumper he slowly realizes my white tank is not giving way. I have a 17 ft.great white sharks tooth hanging from the rear view mirror, reminding me of speed, unexpected stealth, and power- and that's what you get in the S80!

Never thought about a Volvo
By bobandlisa86 on 10/17/07 15:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have never owned a volvo or have know anyone to own a volvo. Was working with a dealer and he talked me in to driving one. Wow!! I was hooked from that point on. It drives great looks good and has all the pick up that I need. Had my heart set on a Lexus, but not after driving the Volvo. Love it and will look for another one when I need a car. I have taken it on 2 long trips already and I get over 30 miles to the gallon. If you haven't driven one don't wait. It is very comfortable and I'm not a little guy either.

Reliable
By Charles on 05/23/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After three years of completely trouble free experience I'm pleasantly surprised by this car. More reliable than my previous Mercedes, it does everything well.

A good find
By azsteve on 01/18/07 19:43 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Having owned many cars in 30 years and many test drives of rentals during business trips I can say that this has been the best car value for me to date. The 2004 2.5T sedan seems to be a good reliable model year. I get 29 MPG average and can't believe the smooth power. Volvo did a perfect job matching the engine and transmission in this model. I have done ALL of my own auto repair and maintenance in past years including engine and transmission rebuilds. Knowing what I know I am very impressed with the build quality and engineering in this vehicle. I am very happy with the comfort, ride quality, climate control, and interior.

My 2nd Volvo
By Francis on 03/24/06 20:41 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The S80 was my second Volvo.What influenced my purchase was the Edmunds information which said the 2004 had 700 enhancements, most of which you could not see. This was the first model year that Volvo replaced the 2.9 6cyl with their famed 2.5T/ 5cyl engine. The recommended fuel is premium but the car's computer consistently shows 25-26 mpg combined city/hwy driving. Almost no perceptible Turbo lag when you press on the gas.This is great considering the car weighs 3,600 lbs.

MY Volvo
By LogMarine on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

What a great car! Easy to drive, quiet, smooth and elegant interior. When I get in MY S80 I feel like a million dollars. This is my first Volvo and I doubt I will ever buy from any other manufacturer again. I had a terrific buying experience (can you believe that..a terrific buying experience for a car?!?!?) and could not be happier with the vehicle.

Satisfied with S80 T5
By govna on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I ordered my S80 while in South Korea. I paid a total of $33,775 delivered to Honolulu, HI. It's Silver Metallic with Premium pkg, 17in Interceptors, Touring pkg, Fog lights. I ordered the heated front seats without the climate pkg. I did not want the headlight washers. They look silly to me.

Try It You'll Buy It
By orchid on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The S80 has matured from a stylish sedan with questionable quality due to its innovative technology to a sexy, stylish and fun-to-drive automobile. Out on a test track where you can open it up, you'll find yourself wondering why you never pursued that racing career.