Used 2004 Volvo S80 2.5T Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

A family of Volvo drivers-
By Christopher Chao

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

i bought this car at a Volvo specialist center in 2012 with 125,000 miles for just 7,998. I was going to use it for a year, due to a short term job in New York, so I didn't really care about what it was. My mom drives a C70 and told me to buy the car. It has been absolutely fantastic, now in 2015 we have 156,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. There have been some expensive maintenance costs (150$-550$ services) and also suspension and axle components (1000$ over the years) but the thing to remember is that it's European and our X5 costs 3 times more to maintain. For such a nice car I'm willing to pay some more. It is important to note that I go to a local Volvo service specialty shop, and NOT A DEALER. Prices are about half what I would pay there, and even more savings for used parts. Also this car is ultra safe, my two kids learned to drive in this car, and this holiday season I plan to give it to my oldest... And of course as a replacement I'll be sure to buy the new XC90. The best thing about this car is the amount of small features that really add up: price, gas mileage (I get 35 on i40 even when the epa says 26, and yes I actually calculated it along with the trip computer), safety, (there are 6 giant airbags and stability control is an option fitted to my car), cold starts (never had a problem in -20 weather, AV/heat( the best ever, I'm never hot or cold for more than a minute, and the seats are so supremely comfortable. And that's all for 8,000$!!!!
Be advised: the 2004-2006 models have a stronger reliability record than the 1998-2003 (preface lift model)

Has been great for me!
By Jim

Very dissapointed
By dbaill

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my volvo 8 years ago.
I have fixed this car so many times.
Fixed windows not working three time, motor mount broke, throttle body needed cleaning, lights quit working, I owned three different toyota vehicle and put over 150,000 on each and have not had problems like this in any one of them.
Would never ever buy another one

Very happy even years later
By BWS2010

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It's unfortunate that these other owners have had a lot of problems. I have had very little problems. My cig lighter will blow every once in a while, but it's when I'm running 2 chargers at the same time so I just keep extra 20 AMP fuses in the car. The drink holders are no the best designs, but overall I have had no serious problems.

Best vehicle made!!!
By keith

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2004 Volvo 2.5 turbo is an excellent car. It is a 5 cylinder turbocharged engine with a 5 speed automatic transmission fwd. It gets great fuel economy(31-33) hwy-(20 city) and has wonderful go!I could never say anything but great things about this vehicle. If you ever have a chance to own one buy it, you will never regret doing so. Mine is white with camel leather a beautiful combination loaded with options. Buy one if someone will part with it, mine stays in the garage and is pampered to keep it as nice as possible.

my favorite features are the drivetrain--the inline 5 cylinder turbocharged engine with a 5 speed transmission fwd only it is perfectly balanced so you don't know its running, it will go when needed and gets outstanding fuel mileage for the size car 31-33 hwy 20 cty

none