2004 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
My Volvo S80 T6 experience
By David Floyd on 09/30/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Great road car, excellent fuel economy. Repairs include the heat/ac fan motor and controler, regular maintenance. Very comfortable for me, a 6'2" 245 lb man to take on a trip. Classic styling, starts whenever I need to go. Wife loves it.

Best Volvo yet
By camaro1781 on 06/02/08 04:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

My 2004 T-6 is the fifth Volvo I have owned in the past 15 years. Previous versions are the 240,760 Turbo, S70, and a 2002 S-80. The 2004 is clearly the best Volvo and the best car I've owned to date. I bought it with 33/k miles and I currently have 82/k on the car. It looks great and handles very well in all the conditions that Minnesota can throw at a car.

another great S80
By doctordick on 07/26/06 17:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my second S80 and I am not disappointed. The car has been refined and improved but the basic solid comfort and superior performance continue. A pleasure to drive particularly on the highway. Responsive, predictable, dependable. A great vehicle!

Beyond my expectations
By SHERRILL on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have driven trucks for the last 10 years and never thought I would find a car that I wanted but the very first time I sat in my S80 T6 I was sold for life. It has been worth every dime of the selling price. The salesman did not have to sell me this car he just took my order. It is beautiful. I look for reasons to have to drive.

Nice car
By Fred Burson on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have been very pleased with the car. Rides nice, gauges easy to read. Cell phone built into the steering wheel very handy. Very easy to find yourself speeding down the interstate well over the speed limit.

Best Kept Secret In Luxury Sedan Market
By AnClar on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Great car at a great price.

Nice car
By hombredeplata on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my second T6. The first was a 2000 that I leased. I am buying the 2004. I have found many subtle improvements. Car continues to feel substantial. I drive almost 100 freeway miles daily. Feel safe. Good handling. Great look.

1st volvo
By eplus on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

The 4C option is great its like 2 diffrent cars /sport and comfort.Premium sound system way better than Cadillac I leased.Quieter smoother and faster than the 2001 cadillac seville.Driver seat very comfortable on long drives .So far at 5500 miles best car ever had.

Disappointing quality
By carluvr on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

My S80 T6 spend the better part of its first 2 months in the shop dealing with a heavy vibration at high speeds and the eventual myriad of resulting rattles. This car did not impress upon me the quality one would expect for $46K. An inept service department and crooked dealer certainly didn't help resolve my ill feelings either. After four months of ownership, I am trading mine in (another reflection of Volvo's quality is reflected in its re- sale value). Watch out! If you are looking for an impressive machine, at least test drive a Saab 9- 5 Aero.

Excellent - This one is # 2
By t1952 on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is a great car ! I liked my 2001 model so much that I bought the exact same car, color, and options again in a 2003 model. Cross country trips are a breeze loaded up with the partner and the animals ! Now located in TX, we continue to enjoy this vehicle and will buy another next year. A few changes to the styling would be nice and some more insulation to make it as quiet as a Lexus would be even better. Volvo seats are unbeatable. This one is Volvo # 9 for this family along with many second cars including BMW, MERCEDES, VW, LEXUS, and others.