Used 2004 Volvo S80 T6 Premier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Great car for low price
By Lince

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my 3rd Volvo over the years and I would say this is the best so far. Great design in and out. Enough room for 4 adults . Very comfortable ride. I am thinking about brand new Volvo S80 now. I would say this car car is way underpriced as a used car.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine. Very very comfortable seats (did not expect that after my BMW 740IL)

Suggested Improvements

Rear automatic sunshade would be nice.

Don't buy 2004 Volvo S80
By Howard

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Ford engineering has obviously ruined Volvo. My wife preferred the Volvo to a Lexus based on exterior style, but now regrets the decision. The car has major electronic failures about every 4- 6 months and required towing to the dealership twice. Also required the "company" to send someone out for figuring out the repair. We got this car for a reliable vehicle to drive on the road for trips, but I would use my 1986 Subaru GL10 or 1993 Toyota T100 4x4 rather than this Volvo. It was painted white, but should have been yellow to match its lemon qualities. Do not buy this junk or you will regret it!

Favorite Features

Exterior style, interior creature comforts, handling, acceleration/drivability, good road feel (stable drive like a larger vehicle)

Suggested Improvements

Unreliable car due to faulty electronics design/production with frequent failures (making car inoperable), turning radius of a supertanker, mileage poor (especially at >$5/gallon), no aftermarket repair manuals available, worthless "on call" phone stuff takes up most of middle dash (never activated)

Great Car
By Chuck Brichta

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I own 2 Volvo's XC 90 and S80 The S80 is a great car. Lots of power, fun to drive, comfortable after 8 hrs of driving, you don't feel beat up. I am waiting for the V-8 to come out this winter.

Favorite Features

I like the power, and feel for the road. Great handling vehicle. Heated seats,work well. Great sound system in the car.

Suggested Improvements

Need just a little more lateral leg room in the drivers compartment, Heated seats for the rear seat would be nice. It does have a bad blind spot on the drivers side. Electric lumbar seats would be nice instead of the manual.

The first 7500 miles
By J Williams

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I choose the S80 because my previous cars have been standard V6 sedans. The S80 is by far the best sedan I have own or driven. Leaving Denver in April, there were 12 inches of snow on the ground but with my DSTC on and working I had no problem with driving or staying on the road (other cars and trucks, even 4x4's slid off the road) and holding a steady speed for road conditions. I made it though the snow storm until the DOT closed I-40 at 7200 feet elevation. The moto "For Life" had nothing to do with my decision to buy but I'm glad I did. The only thing better than owning a Volvo, is having 2 Volvo's. I have the XC90 also.

Favorite Features

The DSTC, the day running lights, the comfort on long trips (which I take ofter)the fuel mileage in the S80 (29.5) is great and comparable. To me, the "whole car" is my favorite feature!

Suggested Improvements

After driving my S80/T6 for 7500 miles, I can't think of a thing that could possibly improve this vehicle for performance and style. However,on my return trip home in a small town in N.M. the message read. Stop engine. I had a coolant problem.Which turn out to be a low level because of

Fabulous ride
By mule

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Best car in terms of drivability, comfort,room, ever experienced!

Favorite Features

Road handling.