2004 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Great car for low price
By Lince on 02/19/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my 3rd Volvo over the years and I would say this is the best so far. Great design in and out. Enough room for 4 adults . Very comfortable ride. I am thinking about brand new Volvo S80 now. I would say this car car is way underpriced as a used car.

Don't buy 2004 Volvo S80
By Howard on 06/28/08 02:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Ford engineering has obviously ruined Volvo. My wife preferred the Volvo to a Lexus based on exterior style, but now regrets the decision. The car has major electronic failures about every 4- 6 months and required towing to the dealership twice. Also required the "company" to send someone out for figuring out the repair. We got this car for a reliable vehicle to drive on the road for trips, but I would use my 1986 Subaru GL10 or 1993 Toyota T100 4x4 rather than this Volvo. It was painted white, but should have been yellow to match its lemon qualities. Do not buy this junk or you will regret it!

Great Car
By Chuck Brichta on 10/31/06 08:25 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I own 2 Volvo's XC 90 and S80 The S80 is a great car. Lots of power, fun to drive, comfortable after 8 hrs of driving, you don't feel beat up. I am waiting for the V-8 to come out this winter.

Fabulous ride
By mule on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Best car in terms of drivability, comfort,room, ever experienced!

The first 7500 miles
By J Williams on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I choose the S80 because my previous cars have been standard V6 sedans. The S80 is by far the best sedan I have own or driven. Leaving Denver in April, there were 12 inches of snow on the ground but with my DSTC on and working I had no problem with driving or staying on the road (other cars and trucks, even 4x4's slid off the road) and holding a steady speed for road conditions. I made it though the snow storm until the DOT closed I-40 at 7200 feet elevation. The moto "For Life" had nothing to do with my decision to buy but I'm glad I did. The only thing better than owning a Volvo, is having 2 Volvo's. I have the XC90 also.

happy owner
By john jacobs on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I like the car and have been very satisfied

s80
By shelbis1 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I always wanted Volvo due to the fact it is the safest car on the road. When I finally test drove it I was shocked at what a pleasure it was to drive as well. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Great Car
By Kart54 on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I was a confirmed BMW owner. Stopped on the way to buy a new 5 series. Drove the volvo. Beats the BMW hands down. More room inside, better laid out. Climate control actually works. Turbo boost is where you want it,; when your passing another car. All in all a great car

love it!
By boo boo on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is an amazing car, i absolutely love it. It gets excellent milage and is very comfortable. I would definetly recommend this car to anybody!

a very underrated car but a true beauty
By cherryl on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Amazing car and the most comfortable car I have been. The seats are designed by Swedish massage therapists. Amazingly fast!!!!!