2004 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Very dissapointed
By dbaill on 08/13/14 19:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my volvo 8 years ago. I have fixed this car so many times. Fixed windows not working three time, motor mount broke, throttle body needed cleaning, lights quit working, I owned three different toyota vehicle and put over 150,000 on each and have not had problems like this in any one of them. Would never ever buy another one

Would buy again...
By colby92 on 05/21/11 20:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2004, 2.9L straight-6 (no turbo) Volvo S80 with over 94,000 miles. I am getting about 19mpg city and 26mpg highway; not bad for a 4000lb tank. The seats are EXTREMELY comfortable and the vehicle feels very solid all around. I feel very safe in this car and would not drive anything else because Volvo does not cut corners on safety. They had side airbags STANDARD in 1998, WOW! The American and Japanese automakers cannot touch Volvo's safety record. Knock on wood, I haven't had anything major go wrong with it, just a broken popup cup holder. Like most cars, the Volvos will love you if you give them some love. Maintain them and you shouldn't worry about reliability.

Big Disappointment
By jimmi on 07/16/10 10:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my car since almost new. For the first couple of years, it performed well. It went through routine maintenance. After 100k, problems started happening. In the last 3 months I've spent over $4500 on repairs, from buying a new axle, brakes, brushes, repairing leaks...etc. (remind you this car goes through extensive routine service). The car has a nice title, but it comes with a price. Volvo is not the same Volvo we've all knew growing up. It's a Ford 500 :-(. I really don't want to buy a new car, but I'm being forced to because I refuse to put another dime on fixing it. I'm looking at more practical cars like, honda, acura, toyota, lexus. don't recommend a volvo, new or used.

Very happy even years later
By BWS2010 on 03/09/10 11:25 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It's unfortunate that these other owners have had a lot of problems. I have had very little problems. My cig lighter will blow every once in a while, but it's when I'm running 2 chargers at the same time so I just keep extra 20 AMP fuses in the car. The drink holders are no the best designs, but overall I have had no serious problems.

Best vehicle made!!!
By keith on 07/22/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2004 Volvo 2.5 turbo is an excellent car. It is a 5 cylinder turbocharged engine with a 5 speed automatic transmission fwd. It gets great fuel economy(31-33) hwy-(20 city) and has wonderful go!I could never say anything but great things about this vehicle. If you ever have a chance to own one buy it, you will never regret doing so. Mine is white with camel leather a beautiful combination loaded with options. Buy one if someone will part with it, mine stays in the garage and is pampered to keep it as nice as possible.

Great car for low price
By Lince on 02/19/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my 3rd Volvo over the years and I would say this is the best so far. Great design in and out. Enough room for 4 adults . Very comfortable ride. I am thinking about brand new Volvo S80 now. I would say this car car is way underpriced as a used car.

One Reliable Fuel-Efficient Tank!
By Anthony on 12/26/08 14:21 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my first Volvo in 2005. It is a white S80. I can't say enough about the car. My previous car was a Lexus ES300, which I loved. But after moving to the suburbs and ommuting on the highway I decided to go for the safest on I could find. The car moves for a almost 4000 lb tank! The ride is quiet an agressive. It handles like a smaller sportier sedan. The best part is that when some cowboy in a goofy truck rides off my bumper he slowly realizes my white tank is not giving way. I have a 17 ft.great white sharks tooth hanging from the rear view mirror, reminding me of speed, unexpected stealth, and power- and that's what you get in the S80!

My Volvo S80 T6 experience
By David Floyd on 09/30/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Great road car, excellent fuel economy. Repairs include the heat/ac fan motor and controler, regular maintenance. Very comfortable for me, a 6'2" 245 lb man to take on a trip. Classic styling, starts whenever I need to go. Wife loves it.

Failures
By William S. Devey on 07/08/08 06:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Volvo in 14 years. This model has not been as reliable as my previous 850. Failures to date: tumblers falling out of ignition; passenger mirror simply falling off the car; both trunk support struts broken; ventilation malfunctioning (can be repaired for $1,200 per Volvo dealer); windshield washer not functioning properly (repaired once).

Don't buy 2004 Volvo S80
By Howard on 06/28/08 02:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Premier Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Ford engineering has obviously ruined Volvo. My wife preferred the Volvo to a Lexus based on exterior style, but now regrets the decision. The car has major electronic failures about every 4- 6 months and required towing to the dealership twice. Also required the "company" to send someone out for figuring out the repair. We got this car for a reliable vehicle to drive on the road for trips, but I would use my 1986 Subaru GL10 or 1993 Toyota T100 4x4 rather than this Volvo. It was painted white, but should have been yellow to match its lemon qualities. Do not buy this junk or you will regret it!