2003 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews 3

2003 Volvo S80 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Huge Amount For Your Money!
By jeff kiesnoski on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I looked and test drove many of the cars in the s80 class. There is no doubt that you get much more for you money on this car than the others. The lease specials in Feb '03 are great!

Volvo S80 2.9 A Pleasure!
By Volvo Again on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car was an upgrade from my 2000 s40 (which I also loved). My husband and I based our decision to lease another Volvo based on it's excellent safety features, it's comfort and it's unique style. We were not let down. This car is a pleasure to drive even without the T6 engine. The design is so different from the other cars out there, that people often stop to look or ask us what it is. I am very satisfied with our choice.

Second Volvo S80
By Matthew DiMangiano on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife in December of 1999 and just traded it in for her second. Awesome drive especially in snowy weather. I own many luxury and exotic cars, this being my second favorite sedan next to my 2000 Rolls Royce Park Ward. Volvo is amazing, they have it all safety, performance, technology, and in recent years since they removed themselves from the boxy look, elegant style. Volvo has always been popular at country clubs and with opulent drivers and I would take this over the Acura 3.5RL and Lexus GS300 anytime. An alternative to this car is the Jaguar S- Type although it's rear wheel drive does not handle well in inclement weather.

Volvo S-80 Nice Looking but a Letdown
By dannyroche on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Problems (2) transmission services link bushing replacement and one front strut changed before 50K warrenty expired!!! second strut at 60K door lock ($220) at 70K heated mirror ($200) at 73K Care is nice to drive and nice looking. Car has great safety features. Good performance with the T-6, a tad too much torque due to FWD. Too Bad Volvo has not figured out that there is one thing ahead of safety. THE CAR MUST BE RELIABLE......

good luxary car
By ali kayani on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

It is very comfortable and roomy has good features for its price. The base 194 horsepower engine could benefit from more power and torque. It has pretty decent gas mileage which is wondrfull. The car at this price should have standard leather and sunroof which should not be optional. Also the wheels and tire should standard be 17 inch not 16 inch. The suspension is good for comfort which is great but could use more sportiness accuracy of bmw 5 series. Also the car should have standard xenon lights and the interior could use more wood and instrument panel is too plain could use tips from lexus, bmw or audi

I love it even more than the 2.9
By Jonathan Barth on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I had a 2001 S80 for 1.5 years and as much as I LOVED the car, I always regretted not getting the T6 package, premium sound, and color-coded trim. When I got this Pearl White 2002 T6 (with color coded trim), I was in utterly speechless; the seats where even more comfortable and the handling and responsiveness of the T6 is fantastic. And the sound… the 3rd channel and DPL are great. With the exception of the mild dead spot when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear and the fact that the premium sound does not play MP3s, I really have enjoyed the high end responsiveness of the car and the sound system. At 130 mph, the car is just beginning to beg for more.

Not very happy with it
By charlie cao on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car mainly for its safety features, never wish to use them.But the car is a disappointment. Had the car for a year, many fixes, driver seat was replaced, sound system rattles when volumn is not too loud. Was told the some noises are "born with", noisy at low speed, not enough power to accelerate into traffic. Wife refuses to drive cuz the steering wheel is too heavy. When closing the rear doors, the metel sheet is bouncing. Thinking to switch to a different car. Wish the designers and engineers drive other competitive vehicles. Wish they read this board.

I like my S80
By S80Jim on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

After 7 months, I have been impressed by this car. Very comfortable to drive. The exterior looks set this car apart since it is not another "me-too" look. Interior is well laid out and seats are very comfortable - even on long drives.

Great S80-T6
By thom1 on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Great vehicle - going to buy another too

OLD VOLVO OWNERS-Your Reward is Here
By MR. BIG on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is a fabulous automobile and quite the sleeper. It is a big sedan in the Euopean sedan tradition that uses space rather than wastes it. Performance is on par with sedans costing $15-20K more. And what boy racer in a Honda would ever expect a Volvo to blow right by them? The car handles the twisty stuff with sure-footed comfort. This is my 5th Volvo and my favortie by far. So far we only have 3,000 mi on it with no negatives. I have paid my dues with old Volvos. I am a fan. This is my reward! A pleasure to drive.