Used 2003 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Volvo S80 Performance
By Brandosdad

2003 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

The VOlvo S80 is the finest car I have ever driven. Thle styling was new, starting with the 2002 model year. Car is roomy inside and holds 4 to 5 people. Steering, power, acceleration, placement of instruments etc. is great. Seating is extremely comfortable and is posture friendly. Well designed. Thlley thought of evereything.

Favorite features are the surround sound premium stereo system,stations are easly to program. It has the finest navigation system on the market, and the only one I know of that has a remote control unit, easy to use.. Also the message system is also helpful and user friendly.

nothing I can think of at present.

Headlights crack
By headlights

2003 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I do love my S80. I have two complaints. I need more lumber support, and the headlights keep cracking!!! I had one crack in April, and figured somebody hit it. The other one cracked two days ago. That time it was just parked in the sun. If you have had this problem, or any other, seriously, don't just post to this board. Go to WWW.NHTSA.COM and enter a complaint. If that transmission slips and the brakes fail, THEY need to know about it.

Headlights crack in hot sun. I live in VERY HOT climate.

Best Volvo yet!
By Nick in PA

2003 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Besides the class-leading safety in this model, Volvo has perfectly balanced performance and comfort in the T6. This car is roomier than the BMW 5- series cars...both cabin and trunk. This is my 4th Turbocharged Volvo, and is the best one yet! I was surprised at how reasonable the cost was after all incentives were applied

Interior is very comfortable. The seats are the best I've tried. The optional sound system is truly amazing. Stomp on the accelerator, and the 280 ft-lb response is gratifying, to say the least! The instantaneous MPG readout takes some of the fun out of that, tho.

Later this year the 2004 is supposed to have the awd version with the "4C" chassis system. That will take care of torque steer. How about a handy little nook that my sunglasses will fit in?

Silky & Smooth beauty
By yelled

2003 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I think the person who complained about the "born with" nose, not enough power to accelerate into traffic, and heavy steering wheel must got a real lemon or not talking about the same car. Steering is actually on the lighter side for Eurpean cars. It's quiet and smooth even over NYC pot-holes. Avoiding them is just as fun. No problems what so ever so far and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I like this car over often troublesome and stiff BMW's. Especially when my neighbor's BMW gets stuck during snow. I love floating by with my cushy seats with fwd.

Distinctive looks, cushy seats, silky engine, smooth transmission, and most of all SAFTY.

Front could use little aggressiveness by lowering the trunk line a little, which will improve side lines. Improvements on grill/headlight. 4C to improve suspension. 5 speed auto.

Silky & Smooth beauty
By yelled

2003 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)