2003 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Volvo S80 Performance
By Brandosdad on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

The VOlvo S80 is the finest car I have ever driven. Thle styling was new, starting with the 2002 model year. Car is roomy inside and holds 4 to 5 people. Steering, power, acceleration, placement of instruments etc. is great. Seating is extremely comfortable and is posture friendly. Well designed. Thlley thought of evereything.

Headlights crack
By headlights on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I do love my S80. I have two complaints. I need more lumber support, and the headlights keep cracking!!! I had one crack in April, and figured somebody hit it. The other one cracked two days ago. That time it was just parked in the sun. If you have had this problem, or any other, seriously, don't just post to this board. Go to WWW.NHTSA.COM and enter a complaint. If that transmission slips and the brakes fail, THEY need to know about it.

Best Volvo yet!
By Nick in PA on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Besides the class-leading safety in this model, Volvo has perfectly balanced performance and comfort in the T6. This car is roomier than the BMW 5- series cars...both cabin and trunk. This is my 4th Turbocharged Volvo, and is the best one yet! I was surprised at how reasonable the cost was after all incentives were applied

Silky & Smooth beauty
By yelled on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I think the person who complained about the "born with" nose, not enough power to accelerate into traffic, and heavy steering wheel must got a real lemon or not talking about the same car. Steering is actually on the lighter side for Eurpean cars. It's quiet and smooth even over NYC pot-holes. Avoiding them is just as fun. No problems what so ever so far and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I like this car over often troublesome and stiff BMW's. Especially when my neighbor's BMW gets stuck during snow. I love floating by with my cushy seats with fwd.

Silky & Smooth beauty
By yelled on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

66% Unhappy With This Cae
By Two Out Of Three on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Leased three S80 T6's in Jan, 01. Two of us would never buy one again. Quality isn't there for a car in this price range. Electronics have been terrible: numerous bulbs replaced, shorts in one car, bad seals around the headlamps, the driver's seat on one rocks during acceleration or braking. The cars have high cost of ownership: never had a visit under $500, unless it was for a recall,which we've had three or four. Mileage makes us believe this is prevelant throughout, after three years we have one with 70K, another with 55K and the last one has 45K. BTY: Consumer Reports in April of 2002 ranks the S80 and the S60 as "do not buy"!

Don't Cheat Yourself...
By morgieboy on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Don't cheat yourself with the 2.9 Spend the extra 4500 for the T6 package.

Volvo S80 T6
By S80_T6 on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

The Volvo S80 T6 has been a joy to drive. The T6 provides power for that quick acceleration whenever needed, and a smooth and comfortable ride cruising along the highway. A sound system that is second to none, and innovative safety features make the S80 the smart alternative to more expensive BMW 5-series or the overrated Audi 6.

this car is amazing
By chris staff on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Elite 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

the car is fast and it has great exseleration and has beutiful handling and stearing is very smooth

Mixed Results with the Volvo S80
By Ronald Jay on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a good car but with some notable problems. The car failed to start when almost brand new and the dealer asked if I had another set of Volvo keys on the same keychain! It appears that their keys contain a microchip that has caused starting problems if together(this was not the problem in my case and they couldn't diagnose the cause). The dealer never mentioned this problem when I bought the car. Windshield wipers are weak and the car is not nearly as good as my old 1997 Saab 9000 in the snow. I have had difficulty making it up some very low inclines with very little snow on the ground. Comfortable seating in front and back.