2003 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Great ride
By vikingpwr on 04/25/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Best car ever had,worst dealership!nothing major yet,replaced the oxygen sensor,4 times the headlight bulbs ,trunk lock.Very fast break rotors replacement and they(the dealer) wouldn't turn the rotors.Radio's AM very poor reception,problem with the A/C but it got fixed during warranty and knock on wood warranty's expired and hope not to see a mechanic for a long time.

Major disappointment
By puchpuppy on 02/14/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car with 33000 miles and have been beset with any number of very expensive problems. The most expensive problem was replacing the fuel pump at 43000 miles at a cost of $1000 dollars and suffering an overwhelming smell of gasoline for a month afterward. Now there is a check engine warning that shows a code of failure of fuel system. The estimate on replacing the sensor is in the neighborhood of $800 dollars. The suspension system needs realignment every two thousand miles or so. Am on the third set of tires. Continually replacing headlight bulbs and other bulbs. I am 82 years old and have drive Volvos for years and I do not misuse a car. Am bitterly disappointed with this car!

Good car!
By Mark Lewis on 06/11/07 19:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent car. It's fun to drive, and it gets good gas mileage. I consistently get 430 miles to the tank. The only problem I have is that the rear passenger speaker produces static. Other than that, the car accelerates well, takes turns well, hugs the road and has plenty of amenities. The trunk is very large. The hinges fold into the side and not into the well of the trunk. It gives you more space. That's especially important when you are grocery shopping for a family of 5! Overall, it's a great car.

Best Volvo Yet!
By S80 2003 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Volvo and the 2003 S80 2.9 is outstanding. Fit and finsh are the best I've seen on any car. Solid performance, comfort, and avg 25 mpg!

Volvo S80 Performance
By Brandosdad on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

The VOlvo S80 is the finest car I have ever driven. Thle styling was new, starting with the 2002 model year. Car is roomy inside and holds 4 to 5 people. Steering, power, acceleration, placement of instruments etc. is great. Seating is extremely comfortable and is posture friendly. Well designed. Thlley thought of evereything.

Headlights crack
By headlights on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I do love my S80. I have two complaints. I need more lumber support, and the headlights keep cracking!!! I had one crack in April, and figured somebody hit it. The other one cracked two days ago. That time it was just parked in the sun. If you have had this problem, or any other, seriously, don't just post to this board. Go to WWW.NHTSA.COM and enter a complaint. If that transmission slips and the brakes fail, THEY need to know about it.

Silky & Smooth beauty
By yelled on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I think the person who complained about the "born with" nose, not enough power to accelerate into traffic, and heavy steering wheel must got a real lemon or not talking about the same car. Steering is actually on the lighter side for Eurpean cars. It's quiet and smooth even over NYC pot-holes. Avoiding them is just as fun. No problems what so ever so far and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I like this car over often troublesome and stiff BMW's. Especially when my neighbor's BMW gets stuck during snow. I love floating by with my cushy seats with fwd.

Mixed Results with the Volvo S80
By Ronald Jay on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a good car but with some notable problems. The car failed to start when almost brand new and the dealer asked if I had another set of Volvo keys on the same keychain! It appears that their keys contain a microchip that has caused starting problems if together(this was not the problem in my case and they couldn't diagnose the cause). The dealer never mentioned this problem when I bought the car. Windshield wipers are weak and the car is not nearly as good as my old 1997 Saab 9000 in the snow. I have had difficulty making it up some very low inclines with very little snow on the ground. Comfortable seating in front and back.

Huge Amount For Your Money!
By jeff kiesnoski on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I looked and test drove many of the cars in the s80 class. There is no doubt that you get much more for you money on this car than the others. The lease specials in Feb '03 are great!

Volvo S80 2.9 A Pleasure!
By Volvo Again on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car was an upgrade from my 2000 s40 (which I also loved). My husband and I based our decision to lease another Volvo based on it's excellent safety features, it's comfort and it's unique style. We were not let down. This car is a pleasure to drive even without the T6 engine. The design is so different from the other cars out there, that people often stop to look or ask us what it is. I am very satisfied with our choice.