Overpriced, overvalued, and just not worth it.
By ihatemyvolvo on
2002 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)
From when I first bought the car it had problems. Normally these things happen, such as fixing the brakes. However because it is a Volvo, the parts are almost always double the cost of any other vehicle part! Unless you have the money to sometimes be dropping $1000 to fix the car, you'll find yourself regretting the purchase whenever a problem does arise.
Favorite Features
The interior was very nice. That is all I can really say I enjoyed about the vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Make the parts a lot cheaper to afford. Some of these prices are nothing short of highway robbery.
By ursanbear
on 11/07/14 14:20 PM (PST)

I'm sorry you've had issues with your S80, but if you think you've paid double for parts/service, then you went to the wrong places. It is true that since Volvo is something of a "world class car" things are going to be a bit pricier, but then their components are built to a higher standard. I don't mean for this to sound like a cliche, but it's true. There are places online that sell quality Volvo parts for FAR less than the typical jobber will try to get from you. Even then, once you find a decent place that specializes in Volvo's, that's the place to go. The chain places will always try to tell you that Volvo prices are twice the price. They aren't. ESPECIALLY after Ford acquired Volvo. I know they don't own Volvo any longer, the parts prices still hold true.