2002 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: Not your father's Volvo

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Review

Not your father's Volvo
By landlocked on

2002 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Dad loved his Volvo, and I am my father's son, but the Volvo I have fallen in love with is ten times the car that dad owned when I was growing up. That said, there's still a lot under the skin that remains. The safety is still there, the comfort and solid feel is still there, but it now has a skin that turns heads wherever I go. I've had the car a little over a year now, and I expect to get many more out of the car. More than a few people tell me that everyone in the office envies my car. It looks and feels good inside and out.

Safety! Comfortable throughout: seats (and their heaters), environment control, and lots of backseat legroom. The engine is powerful enough that I never have to worry about holding anyone else up. I didn't expect to like the backseat headrest remote release as much as I do.

The mirrors (inside and out) and the steering column position need to be incorporated into the driving position memory control.