2002 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: Not Too Shabby

2002 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

T6 Executive Sedan (2.9L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic)

Not Too Shabby
By GG on

2002 Volvo S80 T6 Executive 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

It's comfortable, safe, plenty of cupholders, plenty of leg room, gorgeous interior. You can't really ask for much more as far as the interior goes. I love the heated seats in the winter. It handles nicely, and its pretty fast for what it is. I'm not sure if I'd go as far to say that its the best car I've ever owned, but it is a beauty. I've had some problems with the tail lights, when I shut the trunk they'll go out and I have to whack them a bit to get them back on. The winshield wiper fluid got disconnected, not sure why. I poured fluid in the resevoir and it just poured out onto the driveway. Car won't start if the gas gauge needle hits the red area.

Interior is very well made. Heated seats work great, heat up very fast. I've never seen a windshield defrost quite as fast as this one does, its amazing. Very comfortable ride. Headlights are insanely bright. Trunk is very roomy, love the fold down seats. Overall great looking car.

Gas mileage is my biggest problem, but it is a luxury sedan, so I'm not sure I can complain too much. Value depreciates way too fast, its a shame. This car has odd little problems, which are quite expensive to fix. Brake dust is excessive.