2002 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
S-80 is great!
By toothjanitor on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Volvo after owning a Lincoln. So, I had to adjust to the lack of comforts in this car. But the security, confidence in the structure and integrity of the car won me over. Took a while to find a comfortable seating. Snap up cupholder replaced 4 times now. Just gets in the way of everything. Miss heated mirrors and rain sens

By Mo on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car! The only drawback is that, being a "petite" (short 5'3") woman, the ergonomically designed seats don't really work for me. I have 2 kids and feel really safe in this car while fully enjoying its creature comforts.

too soo to tell...
By Ed Malcolm on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I like my S-80, but I can't say I love it. When I bought my 90 Hoda Accord EX I loved it. But that was an upgrade over an 86 Escort, so maybe just the comparison was more extreme. I see now why Volvo makes a Turbo, pick-up leaves something to be desired. I had a real problem getting comfortable in the drivers seat for a while, but one of us has adjusted. Had to have an airbag replaced twice now.

What a nice ride!
By redtailwolf on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

First leap into up scale drivng. we test drove BMW, Mercedes, Saab. Tis car handles beter than all of the above. we also drove Acura and Lexus. Te Lexus was close but the safety ofhe Volvo won us over.

dissatisfied
By Jeff Bomke on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Loved the car until major safety problem started to occur (left front spindle backing bolt backed out and jammed into drive shaft three seperate times) Volvo refused to fix the third time. Traded for a BMW 530i two weeks later.

Best Car Out There
By Daniel H on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 75th Anniversary Edition 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

The S80 is, by far, the best car out there. I am a BMW dirver and I traded- in my BMW for the Volvo S80. Once you drive one, you won't want anything else.

Great car so far!!
By dlewin on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I've seen several complaints about quality in the earlier models, but so far this car is excellent! (only 1000 miles). Very smooth & quiet ride and great T6 power. This car feels really solid when cruising along at high or low speeds.

this car sucks!!!!
By stupidstupidstupid on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

2000 S80 2.9,This car is the freshest HELL ever! Electrical problems out the wazoo! Three tow truck rides in six months!! It is now going bye bye!!! Do not buy this car, run fast and far and buy japenese. It has been a complete nightmare. Pretty though. Kinda like the good looking husband that makes alot of money so it's okay if he beats the crap out of you every once in a while. Pure HELL.

Volvo's rock
By volvo babe on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I love this car, and I am very happy that they came out with the matching trim.

Volvos are the best.
By Rev. Tyrone Edwards on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

My Volvo is one of the best riding automobiles I have ever purchased. It is of superior quality and craftmanship. I will definitately purchase another Volvo. My wife loves to drive the safest car in the universe.