2002 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Volvo struts
By Alan on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 75th Anniversary Edition 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have had the car for about 1 1/2 years, bought summer of '09 with approx 90k on the miles. The struts need to be replaced and the tie rods as well. For a 75th Anniversary edition it has to have the worst radio I have ever had in a vehicle, ever! Reception stinks and the speakers aren't that good either. The key fob system for the doors is terrible as well with delays before the doors unlock and no horn beep when it locks. I have one other problem with the power outlets. Whenever something is plugged into them, such as my gps, it blows the fuse. Something must be wrong with the electrical system someplace but I'm sure it would cost a small fortune to find the problem.

Best Car Out There
By Daniel H on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 75th Anniversary Edition 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

The S80 is, by far, the best car out there. I am a BMW dirver and I traded- in my BMW for the Volvo S80. Once you drive one, you won't want anything else.

T6 - 75th edition
By northland on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 75th Anniversary Edition 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

no comparison to the S80 of a few years ago, this car is much improved. little noticeable torque steer and like glue on the road when you punch the throttle from stop or at highway speeds. this car is growing on me like my old box shaped Volvos ... skeptic at first but it's carrying on that traditional feel of another solid, quiet, dependable and SAFE Volvo!