Used 2002 Volvo S80 T6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Luxurious, somewhat fast, yet very problematic
By Thomas Skinner

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

When I initially saw this car, I was hooked by the twin turbo inline six that sat under the hood. I took it for a test drive and it was surprised at how quick it was, considering that it was a somewhat obese, front wheel drive luxury car. I needed a "reliable" car to drive on a daily basis (compared to the 40+ year old Datsun I had been driving) and I figured I would go with the S80. It had 160,000 miles on it, which shouldn't be too much right? Only a few days after bringing it home I noticed a whining noise from transmission... Great. Upon doing some research (which I should have done before buying the car) I found out that faulty transmissions are common for them. Although aside from that and the buggy electrical system, it's a pretty good car. It's extremely comfortable, the power steering it has makes turning a breeze, and it's a nice car to drive. However I wouldn't recommend this car to a friend.

Volvo is synonymous with quality
By giocondo

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have my car for over 4 years currently has 104,000 miles and am very happy and satisfied with my s-80-t-6. 2002 driving my car every day and have never had problems of any kind. I give her maintenance when touched, very fast, good sound, stylish. is a car made ​​with quality. not by much.

quirky but overall fun to drive
By paul

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

bought this car certified used from a volvo dealership and have had it for a little over a year now and put 20K on it. other than a couple of fuses and other minor electrical problems, i.e., dome light comes on when i hit a pothole, etc, the car rocks! awesome power, maybe too much for front wheel drive but i would never complain about that. i still find the design impressive and this still feels like a sold luxury car. comp'd to the e class and 5 series, and this totally was no brainer. has been very reliable and never in the shop for anything other than routine maintenance.

T6 turbo, body design, quality of interior materials.

radio controls, both dash and steering wheel, are not intuitive, and actually might even be counterintuitive. lots of break dust on alloys. quirky electrical components.

Volvo Has Done It Again
By Sanford

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my 4th Volvo and so far the best I have driven/owned. The handling is superior; the exterior appearance is eye-catching; the interior is like being in your favorite easy chair; and the sound system is definitely ear- candy. The acceleration is neck popping yet safe; the braking system is very dependable; and the lights really show you the way. The heated seats are a definite plus, and the entire heating/air conditioning system does not take long to either heat or cool. This Volvo handles like a dream. If you can resist putting your foot in the gas tank, gas mileage is also a plus. I plan to drive this Volvo until the wheels fall off.

Audio System, Heating & Air Conditioner, handling and ABS.

Protection for driving lights from rocks. True daytime driving lights.

What's with the lights!
By Cavpilot

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

What a beautiful car! We get lots of complements on looks and styling. It's fun to drive and with the T6 Turbo, it can get up an go with the best Europe has to offer. Very comfortable, great heated seats and the sound system is can really crank it out. It rides like a dream and handles well too. Overall we are pretty pleased with the car. Now the BAD NEWS....We have had the car for 3 years and it has been in the shop more than 10 times for a variety of problems. The biggest offenders are the head lights and daytime running lights. We have had them replaced no less than five times. The front brakes had to be replaced at 35K miles, which seems a little early for normal driving.

Heated seats, quality sound system, Turbo and lots of trunk space. Sexy car.

Figure out how to make the internal sensors less sensitive. Could not put the car in gear once because a faulty brake sensor activated a tranny lock. Had to have the car towed to the dealer. If you buy one of these make sure you live close to the dealer. Great customer service is always great!