Used 2002 Volvo S80 2.9 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Used Car for Christmas 2013
By evaeve

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after my long recovery from a motorcycle accident... And I am completely satisfied four months and 5k miles later. Repairs: When I bought it, I replaced the water pump and timing belt. I have had this vehicle serviced one time to replace/fill all the fluids. I need to replace my upstream oxygen sensor (minor issue), which will cost around $130 for the part and is easily installed (or labor $40 for labor). Struts are squeaky in this model, but that isn't a required fix. Wish List: This car has a terrible audio system. I have a 12inch long Skullcandy speaker at home that performs much better than all 6 speakers in my vehicle... which is sad.

Interior. Period. This car is absolutely gorgeous inside. This is an amazing car to buy used, and it will definitely exceed your expectations.

Speaker/radio Gas mileage

Best Car I Will Ever Own
By lauryncox

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car! Bought used, 113000 miles on it and it runs like new. Had it for a year so far and have only had to get it serviced. Runs better on premium gas - it does last a bit longer than regular though so don't let the price deter you. Great power, runs quiet, beautiful interior, can't imagine owning something better. Only complaint is that when a message like "time for regular service" or "bulb failure" appears on the message board, you have to have it erased when you fix the problem or it stays. I've gotta say, if that's my biggest problem with this car, it's a pretty great car. Great audio too. Highly recommend.

Overpriced, overvalued, and just not worth it.
By ihatemyvolvo

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

From when I first bought the car it had problems. Normally these things happen, such as fixing the brakes. However because it is a Volvo, the parts are almost always double the cost of any other vehicle part! Unless you have the money to sometimes be dropping $1000 to fix the car, you'll find yourself regretting the purchase whenever a problem does arise.

The interior was very nice. That is all I can really say I enjoyed about the vehicle.

Make the parts a lot cheaper to afford. Some of these prices are nothing short of highway robbery.

nice to the eyes
By nice car

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

When the Volvo s80 first hit the market in 1999 I took a liking to it. I now own one and love it but I really don't like the fact that they won't do recalls for the front struts because I went to get mine checked and they were not very surprised that my struts were rattling and going out, they said it has been very common with Volvo, a very irritating noise and it make the car sound really junky, but other than that it's a very nice car if you can deal with a rattling front end.

heated seats, steering wheel audio control, unlike most I love the front seat headrest and just the overall design

better struts for the money,stand by your name and do a recall on crappy struts

Well built superior quality
By John D

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Well built, still very happy after 5 years+ of daily usage. 67k miles with zero problems. A pleasure to drive. Good mileage on highways. Everything works fine, distinctive design, swedish engineering.

Comfort and spacious, best in class seats, great torque from 30 to 65 mph, outstanding hifi system, very reliable.

Inexplicable very low reselling value, limited color selection,