2002 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

T6 Sedan (2.9L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Volvo is synonymous with quality
By giocondo on 01/09/13 18:04 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have my car for over 4 years currently has 104,000 miles and am very happy and satisfied with my s-80-t-6. 2002 driving my car every day and have never had problems of any kind. I give her maintenance when touched, very fast, good sound, stylish. is a car made ​​with quality. not by much.

quirky but overall fun to drive
By paul on 01/25/07 15:41 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

bought this car certified used from a volvo dealership and have had it for a little over a year now and put 20K on it. other than a couple of fuses and other minor electrical problems, i.e., dome light comes on when i hit a pothole, etc, the car rocks! awesome power, maybe too much for front wheel drive but i would never complain about that. i still find the design impressive and this still feels like a sold luxury car. comp'd to the e class and 5 series, and this totally was no brainer. has been very reliable and never in the shop for anything other than routine maintenance.

Volvo Has Done It Again
By Sanford on 02/18/06 01:06 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my 4th Volvo and so far the best I have driven/owned. The handling is superior; the exterior appearance is eye-catching; the interior is like being in your favorite easy chair; and the sound system is definitely ear- candy. The acceleration is neck popping yet safe; the braking system is very dependable; and the lights really show you the way. The heated seats are a definite plus, and the entire heating/air conditioning system does not take long to either heat or cool. This Volvo handles like a dream. If you can resist putting your foot in the gas tank, gas mileage is also a plus. I plan to drive this Volvo until the wheels fall off.

What's with the lights!
By Cavpilot on 12/24/04 13:05 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

What a beautiful car! We get lots of complements on looks and styling. It's fun to drive and with the T6 Turbo, it can get up an go with the best Europe has to offer. Very comfortable, great heated seats and the sound system is can really crank it out. It rides like a dream and handles well too. Overall we are pretty pleased with the car. Now the BAD NEWS....We have had the car for 3 years and it has been in the shop more than 10 times for a variety of problems. The biggest offenders are the head lights and daytime running lights. We have had them replaced no less than five times. The front brakes had to be replaced at 35K miles, which seems a little early for normal driving.

Great cruiser
By gunner12 on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought this car just off lease (2 yr) and the service records show a few small defects (cooling fan and brake pedal position sensor)initially repaired under warranty. The car has been flawless and a very satisfying daily driver. Excellent engine smoothness, power, and fuel economy (24.6 mpg mostly city). Extremely solid and quiet body structure. Excellent sound system--one of the best I've ever experienced. We shall see how well it does in snow soon! No negatives at all so far (4 months).

Great car so far!!
By dlewin on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I've seen several complaints about quality in the earlier models, but so far this car is excellent! (only 1000 miles). Very smooth & quiet ride and great T6 power. This car feels really solid when cruising along at high or low speeds.

excellent car
By craig schroll on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

excellent in all regards. a real fun car to own and drive.

Excellent Car
By Jim T on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Have had this car for less than 2 weeks and already feel it is by far the best car I have ever owned. I traded in a POS 1998 BMW 740i (which i got killed on!) This car rides almost as smoothly as the beemer did, which I think says a lot considering that this is a front wheel drive vehicle. Both interior and exterior styling are incredible. Best of all you won't see a lot of these on the road unlike BMW. Thus, it gives one a feeling of being a little unique.

Very pleased
By Pete on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

excellent vehicle - comfortable interior and fantastic off the line

Very pleased
By pete on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

excellent vehicle - comfortable interior and fantastic off the line