Used 2002 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Used Car for Christmas 2013
By evaeve

2002 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after my long recovery from a motorcycle accident... And I am completely satisfied four months and 5k miles later. Repairs: When I bought it, I replaced the water pump and timing belt. I have had this vehicle serviced one time to replace/fill all the fluids. I need to replace my upstream oxygen sensor (minor issue), which will cost around $130 for the part and is easily installed (or labor $40 for labor). Struts are squeaky in this model, but that isn't a required fix. Wish List: This car has a terrible audio system. I have a 12inch long Skullcandy speaker at home that performs much better than all 6 speakers in my vehicle... which is sad.

Interior. Period. This car is absolutely gorgeous inside. This is an amazing car to buy used, and it will definitely exceed your expectations.

Speaker/radio Gas mileage

Best Car I Will Ever Own
By lauryncox

2002 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car! Bought used, 113000 miles on it and it runs like new. Had it for a year so far and have only had to get it serviced. Runs better on premium gas - it does last a bit longer than regular though so don't let the price deter you. Great power, runs quiet, beautiful interior, can't imagine owning something better. Only complaint is that when a message like "time for regular service" or "bulb failure" appears on the message board, you have to have it erased when you fix the problem or it stays. I've gotta say, if that's my biggest problem with this car, it's a pretty great car. Great audio too. Highly recommend.

Overpriced, overvalued, and just not worth it.
By ihatemyvolvo

2002 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

From when I first bought the car it had problems. Normally these things happen, such as fixing the brakes. However because it is a Volvo, the parts are almost always double the cost of any other vehicle part! Unless you have the money to sometimes be dropping $1000 to fix the car, you'll find yourself regretting the purchase whenever a problem does arise.

The interior was very nice. That is all I can really say I enjoyed about the vehicle.

Make the parts a lot cheaper to afford. Some of these prices are nothing short of highway robbery.

Volvo is synonymous with quality
By giocondo

2002 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have my car for over 4 years currently has 104,000 miles and am very happy and satisfied with my s-80-t-6. 2002 driving my car every day and have never had problems of any kind. I give her maintenance when touched, very fast, good sound, stylish. is a car made ​​with quality. not by much.

Volvo struts
By Alan

2002 Volvo S80 T6 75th Anniversary Edition 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have had the car for about 1 1/2 years, bought summer of '09 with approx 90k on the miles. The struts need to be replaced and the tie rods as well. For a 75th Anniversary edition it has to have the worst radio I have ever had in a vehicle, ever! Reception stinks and the speakers aren't that good either. The key fob system for the doors is terrible as well with delays before the doors unlock and no horn beep when it locks. I have one other problem with the power outlets. Whenever something is plugged into them, such as my gps, it blows the fuse. Something must be wrong with the electrical system someplace but I'm sure it would cost a small fortune to find the problem.

The acceleration, quick acting heated seats, exterior styling, durable anniversary edition special leather seats (I have kids that put it to the test all the time).

Better struts, key fob system, and power supply outlets in the car have electrical problems.