2001 Volvo S80 2.9L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Wish I never bought this

2001 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Review

Wish I never bought this
By nikjer on

2001 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Light bulbs need changing monthly. Cup holder, rear ash tray, seat belts, 18 undercarriage bolts, and center console all have fallen off. Suspension had to be repaired twice. Now have a new message that the gear selector does not work. Noise from windshield is very high. Cannot get radio fixed, static is constant on am and fm. If I hit the lock button it will improve temporarily. Front leather seats are cracking badly although I have attempted to maintain them. Although car is paid for, I think a payment on a new one would be cheaper than keeping this one. We drive our 98 Dodge Ram with 160K miles on it if we go anywhere more than 50 miles from home. It is more reliable.

Favorite Features

Handles well at high speeds. I have had it up to 110 with no change in the feel of how it drove.

Suggested Improvements

Clean up the fit and finish, a car just shouldn't fall apart. I am a single woman, and was the only driver for the first 4 years that I had it, no kids, pets or guests and the car still won't stay in one piece.