2001 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: Excellent car

2001 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

T6 Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent car
By Jonnie44 on

2001 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have owned the car for 3 years now (purchased as a used car), and have had no problems. The car now has 150k miles on it with the original transmission, and it hasn't missed a beat. I have only had to have the DSTC unit replaced ($800.00) and the brake master cylinder ($550.00), and I was able to do both jobs myself (neither was very difficult). I get 27 mpg hwy and 22 around town. I liked the car so much, that I have just purchased another one. I did have a problem with the radio reception, but I was able to fix it with a Volvo TSB that involved adding a brass strip to the antenna module, and now it's crystal clear. Also have not seen any corrosion problems with any of these models.

Safety!!! Speed. Very comfortable. Exterior styling.

Different engineering for the turbo drain tubes (gaskets last about 2 yrs). better design for stabilizer links (also about every 2 yrs). Brake pads that are not as dusty! Better cupholders. Aux. input for audio system.