Love the car, but it costs a lot
By MplsKen on
2001 Volvo S80 T6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 4A)
I've had this car now for six years, and have loved it from the first day I drove it off the lot. It has been a good performer, but has not been trouble-free: - leak in the coolant reservoir * - radiator fan didn't work * - sway bar broken twice (* first time) - lots of position light bulbs burning out - oil leaking from the o-rings - dismal AM radio reception (never fixed) * = covered under warranty. I have also found the maintenance on this car to be painfully expensive. The doors also get dinged VERY easily. My old Honda never cost anywhere near this much, but I never loved it like I love my Volvo!
Favorite Features
Style and comfort are at the top of this list, followed closely by performance and ride. This car moves like a much lighter car when I want it to, and handles great. It is also nice to have my friends ooo and ahhh over my ride!
Suggested Improvements
The wide shoulders on this car are part of its distinctive style, but also make it susceptible to dings. The AM radio reception is awful!!! So much for listening to ballgames in the car (the FM/CD quality is fine).