Lovee it
By Kayla on
2001 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)
So far I haven't had any problems with this car. The timing belt was replaced at 115,000 miles, but that's just typical maintenance. I'd heard that the maintenance was going to be extremely expensive. It is slightly more expensive but not that bad at all. It only gets about 18mpg though. Even when I'm at a long light or sitting in park with the car on for a long time, the engine runs very smoothly and extremely quietly. I expected the engine to be noisy because of the age of the car but it's one of the quietest engines I've ever heard. There is also very little road noise. Oh and a warning light is flashing warning me about a bulb failure, and from what I've read this happens pretty often.
Favorite Features
leather seats, the engine is very quiet, large back seat, wood accents on the interior, sound system, exterior design, confidence in safety, powerful engine :]
Suggested Improvements
I'd really like to get better mpg, but I know that it's a heavier car so that's not exactly possible. 18-20 really isn't that bad. the front of the car is rather long and wide so i worry when parking. not the tightest turning radius either. All of these are minor though, overall i love the car.