2000 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: What has happened to Volvo Qua

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Review

What has happened to Volvo Quality
By MDB51 on

2000 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan

This was my second Volvo. My first was a 1994 that was great. I looked foreward to the 2000 S-80. Intially it was fine, I do put a lot of miles on my cars but I also religiously keep them serviced too. It seemed that after the warrently was up everthing seemed to go bad. My biggest problem was first my right front wheel assembly collapsed to the tune of about $3000. Then a year later the left side collapsed-the same amount. I heard there was a factory recall on U joints and I suspect that I was not the only one to have this problem. The front under trim kept falling off. I finally got rid of it for a Mercedes which still has quality in their cars.

It was fun to drive when I first got it, but became a financial drain after the warrenty expired. Nice sound system.

One word-QUALITY!!!!! What happened to Volvo's reputation for great quality? Did it go out the window when Ford bought it?