2000 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: The Worst Car Ever!

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Review

The Worst Car Ever!
By Bowman on

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

We bought the 2000 model after threatening our dealer with a lemon law suit for the 1999 model we purchased 60 days prior. Dealer took the car back at full refund and offered us the 2000 model for a "deal". I wish they would have just kicked us in the head. Two ABS modules, engine struts, 3 radios, 3+ software upgrades, bi-annual computer resets (the kind that required a shuttle to and from work), two extended warranties (paid for themselves in six months), suspension problems. I would estimate the maintenance cost for this car have exceeded $20k. If it was a plane or a boat we would be dead. I thought Volvo Corp. could be trusted to release a product complete.

Turning the darn thing off. I have to say I don't even enjoy the car anymore. Day after day I am only reminded what kind of crappy product I have purchased and been stuck with. I don't even feel right selling the thing, it should be destroyed. If it was a dog it would have been put down.

BUY BACK! Volvo should take responsibility for the crappy $42,000 piece of junk and buy them all back for cash. Cash, because I will never buy another Volvo or suggest to anyone that they should be purchased. Buy them back and learn from the mistakes. Take responsibility for the poor engineering.