2000 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: Not for the long run

2000 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

Not for the long run
By ampxs on

2000 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan

I bought this car is 2010 with 160k miles on it. I bought it AS-IS and they gave me a new battery since the one it had was dead. I got a great deal on it considering the milage. I had no issues with it for about the first year, after that the ac went out I have replaced the radiator myself for $90. I have replaced 2 ignition coils which I did myself ($80 a piece). I found out from the volvo dealer I needed a new ETM which is 1200 installed. I run the car without it being replaced and it surges. I changed both the axels which was difficult. I do oil changes every 6k miles. It has 220k miles now and needs a timing belt but it is 800 to replace. Its a good car if you dont mind putting lots of $

I enjoy the speed of the car, it is very fast. The sound system is great; no need for an aftermarket one. The seats a comfortable great for long trips, they are also heated. It handles well on the road. The trunk is nice and big.

They should extend the recall on the ETM. The timing belt should be replaced with a chain. The Volvo dealer is not good, the people there are very rude, don't return your phone calls and just want to suck all the money out of you.