2000 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: Emissions Frustration-S80 T-6

2000 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

T6 Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic)

Emissions Frustration-S80 T-6
By WoodyTBuckeye on

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Bought vehicle with 27k-extended warranty. Approx 53k miles, started having emissions messages ie "system urgent" and hazard light and the engine went into a "idle" mode. Replaced throttle control mechanism, software upgrade,and other related emission parts. After spending close to $900 on the throttle, 3 days later, replaced 1 of the 2 back O2 sensors.($363) One week later, the other back O2 went- $256. I understand under the new warranty, this is a covered item. I am probably getting rid of the car though I love driving it. Total spent=$2k. I will probably buy a new one but will read the fine print on the warranty. PW

I like having many features at my finger tips-radio features especially. THe Turbo has "lots of guts". The color is excellant also-moondust. Very roomy trunk.

Too much noise around the moonroof area. Needs better quality leather on the seats. I read how expensive it is to replace the bumpers if the Volvo was in a 5 mph crash performed by the insurance industry-WOW !!!