Best car I've ever owned, minor problems
By swsteckly on
2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan
This car is, bar none, the most fun car I've ever driven. The combination of the good handling, lots of power, and immense interior comfort all add up the the best driving experience ever. I've had a few issues, with this car I purchased at 44000 miles (with Certified warranty plan). The radiator fan controller stopped working, the sunroof mechanism needed minor repairs, and the front brakes needed repair. There were all kinds of sundry items that needed to be repaired (trim panels, stuff like that), but that is true with any used car. The problems were solved quickly and efficently by my dealer. I would wholeheartedly reccomend this car.
Favorite Features
The in-dash diagnostic lamps are very well designed and easy to read. The system which warns you of bulb failures is quite handy. The electronic climate control system works as expected.
Suggested Improvements
The cupholders are small and poorly designed, although the secondary 'popup' cupholder is perfect for holding an iPod! Some sheet metal in the body is thin and easily creased. Inclusion of Geartronic shifter buttons in the steering wheel would be nice.