2000 Volvo S80 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
quality of plastic parts is very poor
By rosarockville on 03/24/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan

Agreed with other review that after 5 yrs the parts started falling apart. The repair labor charge is awfully high. Even one $50 plastic parts would need 6 to 8 hours labor to replace it. The dealer claimed that those parts are very difficult to reach. I like my volvo car but the repairing charges definitively will make me re-consider for having Volvo for my next car. Now, every time, I can not have my car back from the shop without paying $1300 - $2300. They just told me the oil trap needs to be replaced which got replaced 2 yrs ago, and it costs a little more than $1000.

i love my volvo... so far
By Ratna on 02/10/10 00:43 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan

I see all the negative reviews on the volvo. i recently just purchased my volvo with 136000 miles. my volvo is in great shape. my leather seats are in great condition, no tears, rips, my radio, heated memory seats, sunroof and all features still work. im not sure if the previous owner of this car just took really good care of it or what but so far i love this car. i have since i drove it the first time. i would never have even looked at a volvo in the past, but so far my experience has been wonderful. we will see in a year if i have any major issues.

2000 S80 T6
By REBARLEE on 02/08/10 15:05 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Purchased new - all available options- first few years ok- This is my 6th and last ever Volvo. Dealers now charge $100 for diagnostics. Fit and finish crappy-Check engine light on constantly even though we always had dealer maintain. Now transmission shot- strut too many times to mentions- Throttle body always an issue. Electronics are a joke- expensive and unreliable- Do your self a favor and do not buy any post 1987 Volvo- Since Ford took over went from being a great to a crappy car

Don't buy
By S80T6 on 01/13/10 18:44 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Fast and good gas mileage. Absolutely terrible reliability. Many expensive suspension problems. Power window motors fail commonly and are expensive to repair. Averaging over $1200/year in repair costs plus normal maintenance. A real lemon

Air Bags
By mecop186 on 12/23/09 11:38 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Two weeks ago we had a snow storm here in Maine (go figure). Well I got stuck in a driveway. Couldn't get out to save my life! After trying for 40 minutes, I was so pi**ed off, I put my S80 T6 in "Park", got out and slammed the drivers door. I heard a "POoof" sound and, when I turned around, it truly looked like I had installed venetian blinds! The "Side Curtains" went off! Ripped the stitching out of the left "Lumbar" support, split the leather, left a 7" tear in the headliner and I now have foam EVERYWHERE the eye can see! Estimates range from $2,000 to $6,000. I'll be taking it to the mid-range guys. They were very intrigued about the door slamming setting off the air bags.

Saddened by Volvo
By JDavis on 11/24/09 15:00 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

This has been a disappointment since the day we bought it. We have currently spent more on repairs than we did on the car and are planning another trip back this weekend. I am looking at trading it in, but trying to find out if there is a dealer who would take this mess. My advice would be to investigate any Volvo you plan to purchase and avoid the 2000 S80 like the plague it is.

Great car for your money!!!
By IanRomines on 09/11/09 13:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I guess with all cars you get bad ones and good ones. Mine was a good one I cant believe I can drive a luxury Vehicle for less than $8000. I have never sat in a seat so comfortable in this Volvo. You have so much power it feels like you can do anything. It surprises me that cars were this stylish in the mid 2000s its like nothing else on the road. I love my Volvo and will keep it for a very long time.

I think I like this car???
By Tlover on 08/17/09 12:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Ok, so after being in a bad accident I found this car and LOVED how it drove. This car did leave me stranded on a roadtrip, which was the result of a blown transmission....that cost a fortune! Other than the tranny disaster, I must say the car has actually been a pretty great car. It rides very smooth and is freakin fast! I have smoked many Bimmers and Audi's in this. Tiptronic is alot of fun. Front end assembly seems to have alot of problems too. Overall I think I still do like this car. Currently has 95k miles

NO MORE VOLVO
By Dash on 07/31/09 08:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I wish i had done my research before I bought this 2000 S80T. It's been nothing but trouble. I loved the look of the car in simply NOT RELIABLE. Volvo are very pricey cars for them to be so unreliable. I had to replace so many things and i've always maintained it so well and always dealer maintained. but i'm done with this company

Don't buy
By ACT on 05/20/09 07:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan

Worst car I've ever owned by far. Great ride when I'm not spending money on transmission, wheel bearings, rattling moon roof, rotors, etc . . . Stay away.