Used 2000 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Terrible reliability
By Shelline Holmes

2000 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan

I thought the Volvo was a reliable vehicle. But I should have done more research. The Volvo which I brought had 55000 miles. Today it has 69000. The transmission has to be replaced. The brakes have to be replaced again. The check engine light is on and off. The sensor system is bad. The control arms have to be replaced. The repair bill is just unbelievable!!!! I have to let the car go.

I felt safe but always fearful something would happen. I never expected the transmission would go.

Volvo should build their cars like they did in the past.

Not so Reliable after all
By Ian

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I had always heard Volvo's were reliable Safe cars and I came across one and decided to buy it because it was a good value for that price. It's really the most luxurious vehicle you can get for the price. There were many issues from the start for me. First the interior started to fall apart and that wasn't any fun because the prices for parts are ridiculous. Eventually my entire motor blew because Volvo decided that A plastic radiator hose was appropriate for a $55,000 vehicle and it broke off and blew the entire engine. Basically It is a very nice, fun, comfortable car to drive, but it is not worth it for the horrible reliability and price of parts that comes with the ownership of this car.

Very luxurious all the way around Exterior, Interior, Engine, Sound System, Moonroof, Lumbar support, Heated Seats, Lots of power with t6 version, Wood Grain, Great Exterior Styling,

Making the car reliable, Reduce prices of parts, better Build quality, Better customer service, Gas mileage.

200,000 mile car feels like new
By josh smith

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I recently bought my 2000 Volvo s80 t6 it had crazy mileage so i paid 2k for it body was in great shape motor is so quiet you cannot even tell its running. handles great! with more power than my A4 or A6. interior design looks great has a small issue with the seat belt buckle catching and tearing the leather on the door skin easy fix with one of those v seat belt support things. it does lack in the turning radius but it still handles better than any American car. a slight mod to the air box and the car is fast. over all it has been the best 200k car i have seen ill re review this car at 400k I'm sure it will make it. as for costs with eBay and cl parts are no longer so expensive.

The power and luxury

steering ratio maybe a wider body

She is fast and fun! I love Volvo!
By Ju-Ju '50

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

The previous owner took excellent care of her. She hardly looked sat in, much less driven. I couldn't believe my luck, to total my Volvo sw and find a beaut waiting for me to buy her. It's amazing to put my foot on the accelerator and find out I'm going 93 and it feels like I'm going 35! She feels like an affordable luxury car. Leather seating, air conditioning ducts behind the rear seats, front seat warmers, wiper blades on the headlights, a button for wet weather control. The ride is quiet, cruise control makes the drive effortless, smooth. She was used after all; the locks needed replacing, and the transmission because I forgot to shift out of low while driving on the freeway.

2 Turbos, bucket seats, year-round A/C- (I am always hot).

No SW yet?

Has the worst interior!
By msC

2000 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan

I agree with previous reviews about the maintenance, every time I took it for maintenance was $300 or more. The leather has cracked and the door and window panels has totally come apart. Had window tint done at dealership it literally shrunk, they guaranteed it but when went to dealer, states they don't used that company any more and I need to find someone to replace it.

Exterior, nice looking car.

Interior poor!