2000 Volvo S80 Sedan Consumer Reviews 12

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Volvo S80 2.9 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Money-sucking disaster
By anosmic on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Only a repair shop could bear to own this vehicle, and then only if they had infinite access to free replacement parts. I haven't had the personal resolve to total up the repair bills we have had on this car, conservatively $15000 in less than 4 years. The design crew Volvo hired for this car were definitely in way over their heads, unless they are getting a cut on the repair bills from the Volvo shops.

Volvo S80 2000
By S80volvo on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

When shopping for a new vehicle, the choose of models included BMW 5, 300E Mercedes, and the STS Cadillac. At 6'2" the Volvo was the most comfortable and provided front wheel drive. Along with a cheaper price tag.

Overall good ownership experience
By DaveF on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Generally a pleasure to own (lease) and drive. Dependable all-weather vehicle. Love the twin turbos, combined w/ an excellent manual gear selection mode. Exterior styling, as well as the quality of paint/trim, is excellent. Interior fit/finish is just o.k. Disappointed by fake wood molding & squeeky interior panels.

Some flaws, and not again
By FirstS80T6 on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I have several complaints about this car. First of all, the 17-inch upgraded tires are not suitable for any winter driving in the Northeast. I learned this the hard way. Second, driving with the windows and sunroof open will cause the rear view mirror to shake very violently at 60mph. Third, maintenance and autobody works are extremely expensive. It costs me over $700 to replace a cracked headlight! Routine maintenance services were over $200 each visit. Fourth, the suspension and the steering are too soft for my liking. Last, the visibility is very poor. For the amount of money, it is not worth it, and I will definitely not buy the S80 again.

99 Volvo S80
By mac99 on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

Cost $3000 @ 59,000 miles for a new transmission. Warning ligts on constantly, nusaince items breaking, and over all poor quality. I would recommend any other car but the S80

2000 S80 Wont buy another
By RGrabber on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car is expensive to maintain which I anticipated upon purchase. what I didn't anticipate was the amount of maintinance. The electrical system is forever causing problems, I estiamte that I have had 6 bulbs replaced by the dealer and I have replace fuses at least 15 times. The stabilizer (at least that's what the dealer called them) seem to need replacement every 20,000 miles my next replacement (needed now) is outside the warranty. It may look better than previous Volvos but it isn't built better. I'll not replace this one with another Volvo.

Worst Car I've Ever Owned!
By s80nightmare on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

How I wish I knew what I was getting into three years ago! I have had nothing but problems with my 2000 T-6 and the first one (a 99 T-6) was taken back by the dealer. Volvo tried to make a really awesome car but put it on the market to let the consumer find the bugs! Shame on them! Mechanically, it is by far the most unreliable car I have ever had. My advice: SAVE YOURSELF A HUGE AMOUNT OF TIME, MONEY, HEADACHE, AND HEARTACHE AND DON'T BUY THE S80!

HAVE OWNED MANY VOLVOS - 10 since 1971
By RFG on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Good driving car on the long trips- reasonable gas milege 23+ mph( but 93 Octane). Big trouble with the right wheel assembly falling off in the driveway after a bad dealer required suspension fix! Only weakness has been the suspension noise and troubles. Not sure it was worth the $667/mo. lease rate.

Best Car In Its Class
By mel on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever owned. Performance, safety, security, ergonomics, comfort are tops. Outstanding follow up support from Bob Penkhus service department. If there's a problem, they will fix it. No problems here.

Best Car In Its Class
By Mel on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)