2000 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Not bad, but would not buy another one
By Scott C on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

My S80 T6 has not had many problems. A steering recall, and replacement CD/Radio has been all. I put in synthetic oil on a regular basis and rarely take it to the dealer. When you pull the radio to fix a stuck CD, you have to get the air bag service light reset - can not do this normally. This has always been a pain at the dealer. Although I have not had problems, I count my blessings as others have. With 50K miles + on my car, the car seems "loose", as panels shake regularily. Trunk space is great, it fits 4 people well, but there must be better cars out there for $40K (2000 price). I have no real issues, but would not buy another S80.

It
By shakeitup on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

I've owned more than 4 new Volvos I purchase my 2000 S80 used becaused the S80 new seemed a bit over priced. The 2000 S80 seems a bit noisy (excessive wind noise) at highway speed), not to sure about the transmission it behave "quirky". I am concerned about the longivity of this car. All my other Volvos I was able put at least 250000 miles without any problems

nice car but a few headaches
By arnold becker on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

It's a nice design but alot of quality problems. For example; The sun roof rattled. I had the hardware replaced .It still rattles. The steering wheel had some play in it after 10,000 miles. Took it to the dealer and had it tightened. Sometimes it is hard to start (extended cranking). I took it to the dealer.They couldn't find the problem. Still gives us problems. The little sliding door in the dash snapped in two. Dealer charged us $50 to replace it. Car is sluggish, feels like a sitting duck on the expressway.Plus poor rear window visiblity. I feel safer in our smaller BMW 325xi.

Great ride
By Paul in Atlanta on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

I believe I own the best European car on the market. Maybe not the best in every category, but definitely the biggest bang for the buck. I love the ride, safety, and the awesome reliability. In 73000 miles, I've had a position light burn out-- that's it. I love this car from the outside in. I bought my S80 with 6 miles on it, and I plan on driving it until the odometer stops turning and the wheels fall off. And last but not least, I've experienced very competent Volvo after sale service.

Fun and Comfort
By bellvista on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

I love it! It is very comfortable and has a quite and smooth ride. The Volvo S80 handles very well. No complaints from my long legged friends who sit in the back. The back seats are comfortable too,

Good Buy
By Me on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

Best car I owned. Had the car for three years, only rutine maintenance performed. Wish radio was more user friendly, small complaint for an excellent car.

Great vehicle; Unacceptable depreciation
By FA on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

The vehicle looks great and is fun to drive , with ample power. No major mechanical problems have been encountered except for numerous bulbs burning out. The steering column and dash controls are poorly placed and difficult to decipher. My biggest complaint with the vehicle is the far to rapid depreciation experienced. The used price of these vechicles falls like a rock. Dealers do not support the market and openly admit that there is limited demand for used units. I was offered less than 50% of the original MSRP by the selling dealer after only two years and about 20000 miles.

Volvo S80
By tails on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Solid driving car. Delivers excellent performance with very good fuel economy. Still the best styled car on the road.

2000 Volvo S80 2.9
By tomcatskid on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

I think that the car is overrated for the price. It's too many kinks in it and I have not gotten the enjoyment out of the car that I thought I would. It's a little to sluggish for me. The electronic throttle module and gas pedal potentiameter went out on it at 57,000 miles. Even though I had an extended warranty, VOLVO did not want to honor it initially. I really think there may also be a problem with the electrical system and the transmission.

Love my S80
By John Burke on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 Sedan 2.9 4dr Sedan

At the risk of being premature in my evaluation, this is the best riding, quietest, most fun to drive car I have ever had. I knew Volvo was a quality automobile judging from my wife's 1991 940GLE. The dealer is great! I haven't had the need to have my car serviced yet, but judging from the superior service my wife has received, I feel I can look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Don Beyer.