2000 Volvo S80 2.8L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Volvo S80 - Consumer Reviews

T6 Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
Scrap at 75,000 miles
By r_brian on 12/06/12 13:03 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Front a arms replaced, timing belt, and now the fly wheel became toothless. Two thousand to fix this item and the value of these cars is gone.

Failed Transmission
By joesmith7 on 09/16/12 11:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new in 2000, owned it for 12 years and put 126k miles on it. Car was running fine with no problems until about 112k when a pipe fitting on the radiator cracked and ruined the radiator. At 126k the transmission ripped itself apart. Got 3 separate transmissions put in and all 3 of them broke immediately. Either scraping the car or buying a new trans to put in, either way I've put a lot of money into it. And the gas mileage sucked, 14-15 city is unacceptable.

Not so Reliable after all
By Ian on 07/10/10 00:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I had always heard Volvo's were reliable Safe cars and I came across one and decided to buy it because it was a good value for that price. It's really the most luxurious vehicle you can get for the price. There were many issues from the start for me. First the interior started to fall apart and that wasn't any fun because the prices for parts are ridiculous. Eventually my entire motor blew because Volvo decided that A plastic radiator hose was appropriate for a $55,000 vehicle and it broke off and blew the entire engine. Basically It is a very nice, fun, comfortable car to drive, but it is not worth it for the horrible reliability and price of parts that comes with the ownership of this car.

200,000 mile car feels like new
By josh smith on 06/28/10 18:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I recently bought my 2000 Volvo s80 t6 it had crazy mileage so i paid 2k for it body was in great shape motor is so quiet you cannot even tell its running. handles great! with more power than my A4 or A6. interior design looks great has a small issue with the seat belt buckle catching and tearing the leather on the door skin easy fix with one of those v seat belt support things. it does lack in the turning radius but it still handles better than any American car. a slight mod to the air box and the car is fast. over all it has been the best 200k car i have seen ill re review this car at 400k I'm sure it will make it. as for costs with eBay and cl parts are no longer so expensive.

She is fast and fun! I love Volvo!
By Ju-Ju '50 on 05/25/10 17:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

The previous owner took excellent care of her. She hardly looked sat in, much less driven. I couldn't believe my luck, to total my Volvo sw and find a beaut waiting for me to buy her. It's amazing to put my foot on the accelerator and find out I'm going 93 and it feels like I'm going 35! She feels like an affordable luxury car. Leather seating, air conditioning ducts behind the rear seats, front seat warmers, wiper blades on the headlights, a button for wet weather control. The ride is quiet, cruise control makes the drive effortless, smooth. She was used after all; the locks needed replacing, and the transmission because I forgot to shift out of low while driving on the freeway.

2000 Volvo s80 Dr T-6
By Coolmo on 04/19/10 12:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car is the worst car I've ever own. I saw the mix reviews about this car and was hoping maybe I would get one that was reliable. It turns out I shouldn't make my life career gambling. I bought this car with 80k on it. First it was the motor mounts then it was th shocks and rattle noise. then the check engine light. The the SRS light. Then it would stall once in a while. usually when i try to merge unto the highway. Now i am told the cars computer is not working correctly. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VOLVO. do yourself a favor and take heed to this review(unlike me) stay away from volvo do not buy. especially this model.

2000 S80 T6
By REBARLEE on 02/08/10 15:05 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Purchased new - all available options- first few years ok- This is my 6th and last ever Volvo. Dealers now charge $100 for diagnostics. Fit and finish crappy-Check engine light on constantly even though we always had dealer maintain. Now transmission shot- strut too many times to mentions- Throttle body always an issue. Electronics are a joke- expensive and unreliable- Do your self a favor and do not buy any post 1987 Volvo- Since Ford took over went from being a great to a crappy car

Don't buy
By S80T6 on 01/13/10 18:44 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Fast and good gas mileage. Absolutely terrible reliability. Many expensive suspension problems. Power window motors fail commonly and are expensive to repair. Averaging over $1200/year in repair costs plus normal maintenance. A real lemon

Air Bags
By mecop186 on 12/23/09 11:38 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

Two weeks ago we had a snow storm here in Maine (go figure). Well I got stuck in a driveway. Couldn't get out to save my life! After trying for 40 minutes, I was so pi**ed off, I put my S80 T6 in "Park", got out and slammed the drivers door. I heard a "POoof" sound and, when I turned around, it truly looked like I had installed venetian blinds! The "Side Curtains" went off! Ripped the stitching out of the left "Lumbar" support, split the leather, left a 7" tear in the headliner and I now have foam EVERYWHERE the eye can see! Estimates range from $2,000 to $6,000. I'll be taking it to the mid-range guys. They were very intrigued about the door slamming setting off the air bags.

Saddened by Volvo
By JDavis on 11/24/09 15:00 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

This has been a disappointment since the day we bought it. We have currently spent more on repairs than we did on the car and are planning another trip back this weekend. I am looking at trading it in, but trying to find out if there is a dealer who would take this mess. My advice would be to investigate any Volvo you plan to purchase and avoid the 2000 S80 like the plague it is.