1999 Volvo S80 2.8L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - What did they do to

1999 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

T6 Sedan (2.8L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic)

What did they do to Volvo???
By Volvofan on

1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I love Volvo's. I have a '97 850, a '92 740, a '90 740, and this 1999 S80. Beautiful car, fun to drive, excellent gas mileage. BUT, VERY unreliable and VERY expensive repairs. Try a $700 rear-view mirror, a shifter that just breaks: $700 part alone ($1,400 repair bill at Dealer), a brake Booster (~$600 part alone)? Front Suspension problems, turbo bearings (twice!), pillar headliner falling off, rubber cracking, car dying when accelerating (recall item), etc. Volvo's are known for safety, but this car.... All that said, if Volvo would have stepped up to the plate and provided some ack via price redux, ANYTHING... I'll stick with Volvo's, only I am purchasing them prior to 1999.

Favorite Features

gas mileage performance (quick) styling fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

pretty much everything to do with build quality; Dealers have been helpful, but volvocars has really had their head in the sand, no help at all; parts are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! Can't even trade this car in because the dealer won't give me anything for it (how ironic is that?).