The Car that Couldn't
By My Great S80 LEMON on
1999 Volvo S80 T6 Turbo 4dr Sedan
Turbo engine smooth and powerful, but many mechanical problems and design issues. Even SRS systems stop working, Volvo took no responsibility and left me with Un-Safe vehicle. Engineer could solve problem. Fuel Tank stop accepting fuel - Volvo could not explain, Fuel line broke within weeks after spending $2200 to fix other problems. Electronic Control Module (control for SRS is located beneath cup holderwhich leaked twice and cost me >$800 each time to fix. Volvo took responsibility for bad design or offered solution. Bottom line is Volvo and its dealers left me with expenses and estimates of more than $15,000 on a car with less than 86,000 miles and a lot less safe than older cars.
Favorite Features
Engine was very smooth and efficient when able to drive. Navigation system controls in stearing wheel, integrated phone system, Had a great ride. Great suspension system. All great items with the car functioned properly and could be safely driven.
Suggested Improvements
Stand behind the product made!. Don't leave the customer paying ~$50,000 for a car and leaving them with a lemon! With only options of its out of warranty now! Although clear history tell story. Don't take good customers who pay for service and ask keep asking to fix your beta problems.